Alarm Issue

Dex_28

Aug 29, 2008
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. I have a 52 plate Toledo v5, having a problem with the alarm.
unlock the car same as always, but now (occasionally) when i start the engine, the alarm switches itself back on and starts beeping after about 10secs delay.
Anyone had a similar issue to this in the past? Any suggestions? Is it easy to disconnect the alarm? you can imagine my neighbours are delighted with me when i leave for work at 6.30am.

Cheers

marculos

May 16, 2010
if you find a way of disabling the alarm let me know .. mine goes off randomly now it seems!

Dex_28

Aug 29, 2008
Mine was going off everytime i started the car, so rather than spending money trying to diagnose the problem, I took it to a garage i use and got them to remove the siren.
It didnt actually seem that difficult to remove once had located it. Its beneath the panel where the windscreen wipers are. takes a bit of time to get everything removed as you have to remove wipers, and panel and then take out the ECU and its mounting bracket.
No use to just disconnet the alarm as it has a built in battery operated back-up that goes off if you disconnect it.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise