Alarm

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
Am i thinking wrong when i think the alarm on my leon stylance is either broken or not very sensetive?

I have locked the car, arming the alarm and have tried to make it go off - but it wont go off!

i have tried, trying to open the doors, rocking the car, banging the bonnet plus other stuff but it wont go off!

Seems odd to me?!

Only way i succedded in making it go off is by opening the car with the spare key, and getting in!

Any info appreciated!

duncerduncs

Nov 17, 2006
Reading
You could get a hammer and smash a window.... :lol:

I think the alarm only goes off if it detects movement from within the car, the sensor is near the interior light. I had to be locked in mine so I knew what it would sound like if it did go off :D

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
You could get a hammer and smash a window.... :lol:

I think the alarm only goes off if it detects movement from within the car, the sensor is near the interior light. I had to be locked in mine so I knew what it would sound like if it did go off :D

:cartman: why didnt i think of that! i'll go get my hammer

is weird how un-sensetive it is!

Xe

Just lock yourself or someone else (wife is ideal). Then just wait and enjoy!

rob2005

Jan 11, 2007
Lock the car with the window open, wait for a couple of minutes and then stick your hand in - that should test it.

oh i know it works, i was just curious as to what kind of tampering on the outside of the car would make it go off!

other than breaking a window to smacking the car with a hammer!