Alex's Mk5 Cupra

lawrieIbizaMk4

Team Boc!
Aug 31, 2009
Milngavie, Glasgow
www.bebo.com
take the wheel off obviously with the car in the air.
then the ring that holds the spring in place (under the spring) should have some allen key bolts going through it release them then wind the ring down towards the wheel go for two or three threads at a time make it equal amounts of thread both sides then tighten the grub screws.

^^^ +1

Easiest way to keep track of threads is to make a mark on the ring and count how many times you make a full rotation :)

thats correct yes after releasing the allen key bolts.
clean them with what ever works best at shifting the dirt personally id just use a pressure washer and soapy water then once asjusted to your desired height put some grease on the threads although that shouldnt be essential.

ALEXZ360

Ok so lowered her some more today
ry5yga3u.jpg

aryqypub.jpg

But had a misshap when the widow maker lived upto it's name and have way, lucky had the wheel underneath which saved my life but made a nice chip in the bodywork :(

yjuhu6ar.jpg

At least now I have an excuse to get sideskirts ;)

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
So Alex how would you rate the ride now with the coilovers fitted, harsh or not much of a difference. I've been looking at ap coilovers as I don't think the KW springs I have fitted are low enough at the front and have a slight reverse rake look about them.

ALEXZ360

So Alex how would you rate the ride now with the coilovers fitted, harsh or not much of a difference. I've been looking at ap coilovers as I don't think the KW springs I have fitted are low enough at the front and have a slight reverse rake look about them.

Erm I would say it is maybe a little bit nice ride than the standard suspension but that might be because I got used to how horrible it was, obviously the lower you go the harder the suspension gets, mine is wound all the way down at the back with adjusters still in and then 4 threads left at the front and it is still ok but I had to put the up abit after going all the way down on the front due to scrubbing with standard wheels and tyres,

And plus these are my first ever set of aftermarket suspension, never had springs or coilovers on any of my cars apart from this one so can't really compare to any others

kenny_fr

Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow
Erm I would say it is maybe a little bit nice ride than the standard suspension but that might be because I got used to how horrible it was, obviously the lower you go the harder the suspension gets, mine is wound all the way down at the back with adjusters still in and then 4 threads left at the front and it is still ok but I had to put the up abit after going all the way down on the front due to scrubbing with standard wheels and tyres,

And plus these are my first ever set of aftermarket suspension, never had springs or coilovers on any of my cars apart from this one so can't really compare to any others

Cool cheers for that. It's ok on the KW springs just now, I just want it sitting more level for when I decide to change the wheels. AP coilovers seem pretty well priced so they might be a winner. Did you need shorter drop links or were they fine on the standard ones?

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Is it just me or does anyone else think its too low?

Bad luck with the widow maker, I have always been fine with a trolley jack

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.