Alhambra starting problems

Pigmix

This is a intermitten problem.

Car will turn over but will not fire. Got towed to garage and was told battery. 3 days later does it again. Garage have had it on a machine but nothing showed up.

Sometimes If I wait 5 mins or so it will start. This has been a on going problem for a while now.

I have now been told that it could be the chip code in the key has gone out of sink?

Has anyone had any experience of this problem?

Also been told could be fuel relay switch. Garage told me it hasn't got one.

Its a 2000 X reg 1.9 tdi. You need to change cam belt every 40,000 miles on this one. Has only 90,000 on the clock.

I haven't much hair left. All help greatfuly received.

Hoody

I'm actually on this forum trying to find out how to fix the same problem but with a 2.0 Petrol. :shrug:

So far we've had the Air Flow sensors rewired cos the electrician said that was the problem. Turns out a day later (and £235) that it wasn't and the car had to be towed to the garage again today cos it wouldn't start ...turns over but doesn't fire but it ran fine for a day & then nothing.

Hopefully someone can point us both in the same direction.

Pigmix

Re: Above

Hi Hoody,

My problem in the end was the relay switch. Relay 109. I was told immoblizer was at fault, battery, chip in key was out of link.

Thankfuly the AA man sorted it. Relay 109 switch. God bless the AA man, lol.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Regards
Pigmix

MHig

Thanks for that info.

What is "Relay 109" - can someone shed some light?

Mine (TDI) does it occasionally but - so far - has started after a couple of tries. I had the same thing with a Sharan previously and found that locking & unlocking the car worked.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.