am i getting a good deal

Feb 1, 2010
Leicester
i am currently in talks with my local seat garage about buying a used leon fr from them here is the deal see what you think comments welcome.

2007/07 black magic petrol fr
24500 miles
auto/dsg
18 inch wheels that are curbbed yes all of them!
optional armrest
will have full service and full mot and have free mot for life
£12000

my part ex 2005 ford fiesta zetec s

46000 miles
excellent condition
completely standard
offer of £4500 to trade against the above leon.

Is this a good deal.
Dealer is saying he cant get the alloys refurbed at that cost. I think i should say its a deal breaker if he dont!

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Dealer is saying he cant get the alloys refurbed at that cost. I think i should say its a deal breaker if he dont!

I was thinking that very thing before I read it at the bottom, if you check out the used car search on the SEAT website they've got the price to match all of the other cars of the same age.

I'd like to bet that the dealer didn't pay as much for the car, knocking someone else down on their p/x... They're probably just putting off getting the wheels done, seeing if they can palm it off on somebody.

If It was me i'd make them aware that your trading in a mint condition car and will not settle with driving away in one with kerbed wheels. Ideally get them to swap the wheels with another FR, as some alloy repairs can be abit hit and miss.

If not, walk away.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
It could cost you £200 to get them refurb if you go by the average of £50 a wheel. I would say either do the wheel refurb or walk. I would be suprised if anybody would buy a car with all four wheels curbed. It is not a car supermarket but a main dealer were expectations are higher!!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
seperate both the new purchase and the part ex.

If your getting a new vehicle then you want it pefect from day one......do not accept anything less you will only regret it.

check glasses guide for values of both your px and the FR and calculate down to the options and mileage.

Then you will be able to see if you are getting a good deal on both.

If you not, then haggle for a better deal or walk away.

PS I would say the FR is about the corect price looking on Autotrader for a DSG, remove the DSG and save yourself 2K

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...cleYearOfManufacture=2007&vehicleRegLetter=07

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2009
norwich
from a dealer that seems a good price, if the car is in all round good conduction, and you think you p/x is a good price just tell them that you want the wheels done at cost and pay the extra.
when I got my leon fr550 (2008 purchased jan 2010) the bumper needed a respray, and a few chips on bonnet dent on wing, the rest of the car was like new spotless and the same thing was said, the car reflects the price, would not be done as the car was priced to sell, said I would pay for it to be done at cost and got charged £200 for a full front respray, car now looks great and I feel happy that I paid the extra as been looking around for the wright car for a few months. sorry diden't read the bottom you allready asked

Last edited:

Rob FR TDi

Candy****
Feb 19, 2010
Sounds like a decent deal i'd defo go for the refurb.

I got:

2008/08 Candy White FR TDi
20100 miles
Manual
Full FR bodykit skirts, splitter and spoiler
18 " with afew minor scuffs
6 months or so within warrenty 6 months service and 6 months mot

for £13,1000

i just realised its pointless my typing any of this as I just read that you've already bought it. lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members