Another FNG......

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
Afternoon all, just joined today. been driving a 1.4 Y plate leon for the past year (needed it for work) however, got promoted recently, so new car!

after looking about at other diesel alternatives (BMW 1 series M-Sport - nice, but insurance bit steep, cramped cabin, and expensive tyres, Audi A3 TDi S-line - again, nice, but steep insurance, and difficult to find one with all the toys and in decent spec for my money, and finally Golf GTTDi - again, nice, but boring as hell inside, and not worth the money IMO) i've only been and gone and went and bought myself a 58 plate Leon FR TDi in black.

i'm on here for suggestions re subtle modifcations (cosmetic only - previous owner removed DPF and applied a remap, suspect stage 1 but further investigation is required). i'm thinking of carbon wrapping the rear valance (bit where number plate sits - heard folk callin it the rear apron???), carbon wrapping the bonnet trim (bit where washer jets are) couple carbon wrap bits on the inside, decent set of mats, and a honeycomb grille. oh, and a shorter aerial, standard one is too long IMO. possible kick plates for door sills, maybe wind deflectors, can't decide if they're too neddy (that'll be chavvy in engerland i think).

also lookin for general maintenance tips - i'm no dunce with a spanner, but never owned a diesel before, always been petrol. switched cos i drive 60 miles a day (all motorway) for work, can't ignore the cost of fuel these days. and tax. and insurance (leon 2 groups lower than any of the other cars i looked at - still has higher power output and more toys as standard, you really do pay for a badge it seems).

anyhoo, just wanted to start on here and make a few contacts. if there's any meets happening within 100 miles of where i live, i'll try and get along, depending on work commitments. i'll get pics of the new jalopy up once i get it and valet it myself (used to work for the dealer chain i got it from - their valet bay does the bare minimum required pre delivery). feel free to comment and whatnot, looking forward to blethering with you all over the next wee while!

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
and after posting this, i read the rules, and realised i should've posted it in the new member section. rookie mistake, not used to these online forum doohickeys......