Any mapped Alhambra's?

Kaz

May 26, 2014
Which is best type of remap to get on my stylance 130 tdi. Some one said he could get it done for me for 75 or so. Which sounds good. But I have to ask the forum before I get anything done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sabelART

Thats cheap.but cheap not mean good. Proper remap is dyno rum to get actual output from your car.then tuner need to make map for your car. Some tuners got ready map files for pd130 engines bit passat pd130 inst the same as sharan/alhambra pd130. As far as i know we dont have AL pump injectors in our cars. Other cars with pd130 have it and actual power otput can be like 140 or so in standard.mine was 127bhp after first dyno run. Other thing which is very important he need to decrease torque due to weak driveshafts in alhambras. Also dualmass flywheel. Safe torque for our car is up to 400Nm.anything below is good aswell. Next thing solid flywheeel.you can convert it to solid. Safe and cheaper than dualmass but gearbox killer lol. As you can see remap is good but not cheap. All i can say do it :) but drive gentle ;)

Kaz

May 26, 2014
Thanks. But if alhambra is weak as u say on the drive shaft and gear box, and I've got a new flywheel clutch installed a month ago does that mean long term problems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sabelART

No if you will use your car gentle..ie if new flywheel lifespan is 100k miles after remap with normal daily driving with motorway runs and hard accelerations from 0 on traffic light flywheel can gone after 70k miles.

Kaz

May 26, 2014
I've kicked it down afew times and it sets off fast but I got to drive the car calmly so it will economise better

Kaz

May 26, 2014
Tuner said its 130-175 bhp faster. But I can't tell. What I do know speedometer goes faster than b4

sabelART

Sound mate:) be careful with your clutch..mine already gone:/ its still on the car but i cant accelerating too much all the time otherwise its spinning in 4th 5th 6th gear.. common problem after remap in tdi

Kaz

May 26, 2014
Your clutch gone already? Didn't u just get it remapped recently? That's quite worrying. Does that mean mine is probably on its way out too? If so I can Tell him to grade it down if it's going to cause problems in the long run

sabelART

All i know clutch and flywheel been done about 7 yrs ago..i knew before remap that the clutch mite gone in few weeks months..its still driveable but need change soon.if you change yours you dont need to worry about it. Mine got peek at 2000 rpm on 2 bars and 393Nm..thats the killer.. turbo can be an issue as well at some point..mines ok so far..done checks on it clean it..

Kaz

May 26, 2014
I've had my car remapped a week ago and it feels it's getting better day by day with the fuel economy. Or I'm just imagining things lol

Kaz

May 26, 2014
Sabel it feels comfortable driving in 5th at 30mph and rev is on 1. Does that seem to be ok or too much strain

Kaz

May 26, 2014
I've lowered my bhp to 150 from 175 to see if it would save petrol and it's doing the exact same. I'm getting 75 miles to 10£. Does that seem to be normal or should I do something about it

wheelwright

Nov 28, 2002
Birmingham
Visit site
I've lowered my bhp to 150 from 175 to see if it would save petrol and it's doing the exact same. I'm getting 75 miles to 10£. Does that seem to be normal or should I do something about it

That's sounds pretty good to me! I've got a 62 plate 140bhp s model and I'm getting approx 35mpg town driving which roughly equates to 60miles per £10 of diesel, but I don't drive it easy!
Your roughly getting 44mpg, BUT is that town driving or a mix?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Kaz

May 26, 2014
It's all town driving and it seems to have changed to 50-65 miles to £10. I don't understand what's going on. Does it mean car needs a service

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members