Anyone have a view on whether a factory reset of the infotainment will fix lagginess?

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Meon Valley, Hampshire, UK.
Infotainment system is so laggy at times that in the absence of haptic feedback I've turned on the touch screen sounds again, which in itself is really annoying.

It's no exaggeration to say that the screen will often take two or three seconds to respond to touch, and voice control is a complete lottery most of the time.

CarPlay is fine, super responsive, with only the annoying music display bug to deal with, but I live in the sticks and mobile connection can be spotty for navigation.

Car went back to the dealership a couple of weeks ago after I'd complained about it, and the fact that it's impossible to navigate to an address from my contact list because of the post code bugs I've seen mentioned elsewhere. They told me they'd 'recalibrated' the screen and blah, blah, blah, and there were no available system updates to apply and let them know how it goes. Screen is noticeably worse on the far left, as mentioned in this thread by tmihalicka, although it works for me, but painfully at times.

I'm on v1890 of the software.

I'm tempted to try a factory reset to see if that helps, but not looking forward to the pain of setting everything up again. Is it worth a go?

barqqsanu

Sep 9, 2021
I'm on 1890 and all is fine on my side. A hard reset will definitely make it run faster for a few days. What I noticed is that it doesn't like multiple user profiles, so I decided to stick to just one.

Reactions: Fencer60

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Thanks for the insight. It definitely wasn't this bad when I first got the car almost three months ago - navigating to a contact has never worked though - and there have been only a couple of minor updates since I got it.

I've done a hard reset - hold power off button until Cupra logo appears, etc. - with no noticeable difference.

I have only one user profile, so it's not that.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm on 1890 and all is fine on my side. A hard reset will definitely make it run faster for a few days. What I noticed is that it doesn't like multiple user profiles, so I decided to stick to just one.

Do you know whether 1896 is the same? Currently using just a single profile and (touch wood) has been ok so far, give or take a few niggles. But I'm looking to add the wife as a separate user to keep the settings separate. Don't want to jinx anything though!

slapheed

Jun 25, 2022
I've only had mine 8 days. Had various sensors flash up as unavailable. Updated to 1896 and all seems well on that front. I find the sat nav quite poor. When you cant even find your home address to save, there is a problem. Its not even a new address, its been there since 1983 LOL. Only other thing I noticed that didn't seem right was the cruise control that I used for the firs time yesterday. I was lead to believe that there are two types, standard cruise and adaptive which should pace the car in front (not an expert so please correct if I am wrong). While using the standard cruise (only because I wasn't sure about using the other) I noticed that it began to brake and even came to a standstill while on the M25. It would start off again when the car in front moved. This seems very much like its the adaptive cruise control to me?

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Updated to 1896 and all seems well on that front

What was your previous version, and did the update just pop up for you?

When you cant even find your home address to save.

If you have Cupra Connect there is a work around: go to Map in the app and set your home address there. You can add more addresses as favourites, too, which is how I get around the fact that I can’t nav to contacts from the Navigation app In the car. Your favourites will sync to the car if you’re using the Connect app, and it uses Google maps for addresses.

This seems very much like its the adaptive cruise control to me?

Far as I‘m aware, we have only ACC, not regular CC. I’ve got used to it now.

Reactions: slapheed

slapheed

Jun 25, 2022

If you have Cupra Connect there is a work around: go to Map in the app and set your home address there. You can add more addresses as favourites, too, which is how I get around the fact that I can’t nav to contacts from the Navigation app In the car. Your favourites will sync to the car if you’re using the Connect app, and it uses Google maps for addresses.

not sure what previous version was. As I say, cars only a week old. yeah update popped up after a couple days. ok thanks, i'll have a look at that. Re the cruise control, there seemed to be two option on my steering wheel. i'v e not spent the time to read up yet so you may well be right.

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
Anyone watching this thread, I bit the bullet and did a full reset this week and things are much improved - for now at least.

I took the following steps:
  • Hard reboot - hold down on/off until CUPRA splash screen appears just to see if that helps; it didn't
  • Restored factory settings - the system is much less laggy now, but it's painful going through all the menus to check everything
  • Once I had everything back where I think it should be I did another hard reboot
So far, things are much better, and for some reason that makes no sense to me, the left side of the screen is more responsive. I can only assume there is some recalibration going on when the system is factory reset, but that doesn't seem right to me.

Reactivating Connect took a couple of goes - remembering you need both keys in the car with you - but it got there in the end.

Reactions: Ninjakebab

PRB

Jun 27, 2022
I've had my Formentor for about three months now and am experiencing tons of really frustrating glitches with the infotainment software. The stuff is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things, but when you pay a lot of money for a nice car you expect it to work as it says on the tin. And whilst neither here nor there, when they add up they get really annoying.

When I get to updates the screen is just blank so I don't no whether that means none are available, but also I can't seem to see what version of the software I am on.

The kind of stuff I am experiencing is (and this is just off the top of my head - there definitely will be more):-

Favourites not saving to my profile (like DAB stations) and when I do save them again, the search doesn't go between my favourites anyway despite my clicking the button for it to do so....matters little as the favourites drop out soon after anyway

Addresses (home and business) not saving to the profile

Voice activation seemingly working only when it feels like it, and often just chucks me over to Siri which I guess is better than it not working at all

The rear lock on the air con settings is greyed out, so the controls in the rear can't be used

Changing between users often doesn't work and when it does, it takes an eternity

I love driving the car, but this stuff is making me start to hate it! As I say, there will be more. Does anyone from Cupra actually read these forums?!

I'm a bit dim when it comes to this kind of stuff so, to start with, can anyone give me an idiot's guide in to checking what version I am on and whether any updates are available please?!

Fencer60

Jun 5, 2022
I'm a bit dim when it comes to this kind of stuff so, to start with, can anyone give me an idiot's guide in to checking what version I am on and whether any updates are available please?!

Go to Home - the view with all the icons - then the icon that looks like a cog. In there is a System Information link where you'll see the current versions of the Infotainment system.

It'll look something like the attached. Also, grab the PDF manual and familiarise yourself if you can, what the various icons do is on page 162 of the UK manual.

IMG_1328.jpeg

If there are updates available, you'll see a red marker on the top right of the screen, or a message will pop-up on-screen. I've never once seen anything by tapping Show all updates in the attached image.

I'd say you've got enough issues going on there to take it back to the dealership to get it checked out.

Reactions: PRB
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members