Anyone swapped to a Big Brake Kit on your car?

Apr 19, 2021
I'm looking to get a set of AP Racing CP5200s with 330mm rotors for my Ibiza. However, the front steering knuckle/ stub axle is not compatible with any sort of aftermarket brakes. The stock brakes are fine but slightly lacking during spirited drives as I have done a Stage 1 Tune on my car. I would like more braking confidence.

Anyone here has swapped the steering knuckle/ stub axle to fit bigger aftermarket brakes?

Cheers.

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
Didi you found solution? The stock brakes are total trash... I have replaced OEM brakes by Textar and they are smoking after few hard braking.... Cant even find some grooved rotors and quality pads with better cooling / friction. Thanks

Nov 28, 2020
Turkey
Didi you found solution? The stock brakes are total trash... I have replaced OEM brakes by Textar and they are smoking after few hard braking.... Cant even find some grooved rotors and quality pads with better cooling / friction. Thanks
Hi mate, I replaced my pad's with Textar too. And I have smoke issue too like you, I guess it is about with Textar. At the original, the car had Feredo. Ferodo is too hard and the brake feeling was so bad. Textar is softer than Ferodo and feeling is better, but at high speed's not good as Feredo. I'm gonna change the brake oil too with Motul RBF 660 or Dot 5.1 in a short time, probably with that it gonna be better. If I won't change the car probably I will try Brembo pad's.

Misho

Mar 21, 2019
Thank you friend for your reply...

My OEM brakes was Mando brake pads , but i don't know the rotor brand...

This is good ideato change brake fluid for 5.1, i will go in that asap.

I have brembo pads home, do you thibk they will be better than textar?

I am not sure what that mean, but here are friction comparison between them.

Textar have GF:
IMG_20210614_122833.jpg

But i am not sure about brembo's: FF?
IMG_20210617_212618.jpg

Can anyone tell us, whats the difference? Which one is better? Thanks

Can you recommend DOT 5.1 brake fluid brand? Which one exactly should be the best?

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020
Turkey
Textar is not a bad pad. But in general, if we compare textar and Brembo; Brembo should be better. I checked the pads both of, these pad's dimension's exactly the same; Width 146mm, Thickness 17,7mm, Height 62mm. Brembo seems will fit. Textar is a good pad manufacturer, they produce for so many car companies. But I'm sure Brembo will be better and will bill more sensitive. If you try, pls say us what happens, how will be it. Enjoy your drive :)

Nov 28, 2020
Turkey
And which fluid is better? 5.1 or Motul RBF 660? Thanks
RBF 660 can even work with race brakes ( carbon-ceramic etc), its wet boiling point 204 °C, dry boiling point 328 °C. Dot 5.1 is really good fluid too, it can be enough for our car because there are no too much weight and strong brake pistons. And; Dry boiling point 270 °C, Wet boiling point 185 °C. Probably 5.1 is okay too. I'm using dot 5.1 for my Opel İnsignia(310mm disc, 1550kg) and it is really good. If there is a price difference and you don't want to spend too much you can choose 5.1 too. Hope it will be funny and safe. I'm waiting for results :)

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
My local tuning garage told me that swapping in Ibiza cupra struts + brakes is a potential solution that would permit installing a big brake kit. Dunno if anyone has ever tried this or if it would work but maybe it's worth researching.

Last edited:

RainyDay

May 9, 2022
Thank you friend for your reply...

My OEM brakes was Mando brake pads , but i don't know the rotor brand...

This is good ideato change brake fluid for 5.1, i will go in that asap.

I have brembo pads home, do you thibk they will be better than textar?

I am not sure what that mean, but here are friction comparison between them.

Textar have GF:
View attachment 25497

But i am not sure about brembo's: FF?
View attachment 25498

Can anyone tell us, whats the difference? Which one is better? Thanks

Can you recommend DOT 5.1 brake fluid brand? Which one exactly should be the best?
I think these are the pads I got, I have them with stock rotors but will get Tarox rotors to go with these and am planning to do a test run on the track to see if they overheat as easily (and by the way I think I saw they had slotted/grooved rotors for the 1.5 Ibiza but I'm not sure if they are the right diameter). My stock pads caught fire tracking lol.

Edit: I just noticed how old your post is. Did you ever get your answer to this / try these out?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise