APR Stage 1 booked tomorrow

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
My car with just REVO 's updated stage. 1 software made 322 bhp on 2 different rollers.

Both being dastek and dyno dynamic.
Also running hpfp, rs4 valve and induction kit with milltek catback ran 340+ bhp with advanced revo stage 1 settings.
Now running revo 2+ with a 200 cell sportscast and ran 379 bhp on sitech dastek rollers.

All new REVO code

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Aren't those rollers a little optimistic though G? I only have 2 r/r's for my car

1 - Was done on rollers with the tread worn away to resemble a seals head = wheelspin and false reading

2- Done on an antique r/r set up as old as the ark and the biggest waste of £60 I ever spent.

Regardless, I have never seen another MK2 Leon Cupra or any other K04 2.0T make 116.3mph or faster terminal on the 1/4 mile so I am happy. I would be interested to compare to an equivalent APR car though.

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
My car with just REVO 's updated stage. 1 software made 322 bhp on 2 different rollers.

Both being dastek and dyno dynamic.
Also running hpfp, rs4 valve and induction kit with milltek catback ran 340+ bhp with advanced revo stage 1 settings.
Now running revo 2+ with a 200 cell sportscast and ran 379 bhp on sitech dastek rollers.

All new REVO code

Cool, so when are you going to finally do a comparison at Stan's? :)

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
I've completed the blanks and specified the hardware associated with the figures. I'd advise an RS4 fuel pressure relief valve while you're at it :) Not required, but definitely can help!

Of course these results vary based on vehicle, dyno, environment, etc.

Mmmmmm, so how come I'm still only seeing 300 (rounded up) on my R? I was told I would only see 320 withiinduction but after reading this I'm doubting what I was told......

Btw, APR stage 1 with only a K&N panel and colder plugs.

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Aren't those rollers a little optimistic though G? I only have 2 r/r's for my car

1 - Was done on rollers with the tread worn away to resemble a seals head = wheelspin and false reading

2- Done on an antique r/r set up as old as the ark and the biggest waste of £60 I ever spent.

Regardless, I have never seen another MK2 Leon Cupra or any other K04 2.0T make 116.3mph or faster terminal on the 1/4 mile so I am happy. I would be interested to compare to an equivalent APR car though.

Sitek's are I would say. Extreme Motorsports give near identical readings to Wallace. Going by a couple of cars that have been to both. Stand are veery conservative as well. So I do question the 2+ result :)

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
Sitek's are I would say. Extreme Motorsports give near identical readings to Wallace. Going by a couple of cars that have been to both. Stand are veery conservative as well. So I do question the 2+ result :)

Whether a dyno reads high or low is irrelevant as long as you get the delta. Before and after comparison--same car, same dyno--is the only real way to do it. Too much wasted energy spent comparing different cars' results on different rollers ;)

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Whether a dyno reads high or low is irrelevant as long as you get the delta. Before and after comparison--same car, same dyno--is the only real way to do it. Too much wasted energy spent comparing different cars' results on different rollers ;)

True Evan !

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire

My car got the claimed 60bhp increase from standard to mapped. It might be down on standard power, it might be the dyno that's lower than others. Either way, I got what i paid for and the car feels fantastic. It even seems to run nicer now. Happy days. :D

If mine is a true 295bhp then I'm happy. I went stage 1 to get extra power, but not strain the clutch and other parts too much. I'm also hoping for better MPG. Its exactly what i wanted.

The increase I got was around the 25% increase I'm insured for too. ;)

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
when did you have it done Brink. that might be the older code.

In November. Had the old code loaded originally and then went back twice to make sure I had the new code put on - i've been assured I have.

My car was put back to standard and the dyno read 262bhp, map was installed and the car was then back on the dyno and the result was 295bhp.

So my stage 1 APR has given a tad over 30bhp increase and I was told this was fine for a car without induction, but reading this thread is making me doubt.....

Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Well nice to see that APR haven't bothered to give any reply to either of my above posts. I've emailed Awesome to enquire about money back given the fact i'm not fully happy with the product I have. It's a shame because I was asked to have faith in APR and all the initial noises they made convinced me that things would be sorted out - I guess now my money is well and truly in the pocket i'm not as important as a 'new' customer.

Well beware, and make sure you have a dyno done to prove the product you've received.

Thinking at some point the APR TUNED sticker I have in my rear window will be replaced with a REVO...

Evan@APR

Jun 29, 2012
Well nice to see that APR haven't bothered to give any reply to either of my above posts. I've emailed Awesome to enquire about money back given the fact i'm not fully happy with the product I have. It's a shame because I was asked to have faith in APR and all the initial noises they made convinced me that things would be sorted out - I guess now my money is well and truly in the pocket i'm not as important as a 'new' customer.

Well beware, and make sure you have a dyno done to prove the product you've received.

Thinking at some point the APR TUNED sticker I have in my rear window will be replaced with a REVO...

Sorry man I hadn't gotten a chance to get into this thread within the past 24 hours, but as you know we're always a phone call or email away. As you can understand I can't be everywhere always, and I don't seem to have a notification in my inbox--so again, I'm sorry for missing this today.

Your car made the power it did on the dyno that first day. Every car and dyno is different, but as it adapted after a few runs the power increased. So what exactly are you looking for here? It's not as if the car isn't running properly right? It's driving fine? Feels fine? Last I heard you were happy and now a few posts later you're jumping ship???

I'd be curious to see if any natural increases have been made since you've put a few miles on it. Let me know how I can help.

Edit* Regarding the numbers I quoted, those are the figures we've seen here on our maha, which is different than Awesome's.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2012
Halifax
Thank you Evan, I have copied you in to an email i've sent to over to Awesome.

I wouldn't say I was happy, but I accepted what I was told because I trust you guys - I was told that you (APR) were happy with the figures from my car by the guys at Awesome.

Then I see messages about people achieving 25bhp more than my own car and APR claiming that is the norm - hence why i'm confused and a tad unhappy.

Look, i'm not jumping ship just yet and am thinking I should vist the mothership in Milton Keynes - but i've already wasted £60 more than I wanted on petrol travelling back and forth to Awesome.

I'm just fed up with it all mate, and hundreds of pounds lighter in the pocket to boot - sure you can understand my frustrations... :(

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009

Wow what a reply, you could have given him more time to reply and maybe even have addressed Evan directly by e-mail or a phone call, threats of going to REVO wont get you anywhere IMO

For me the first think to look at would be your standard figure, i have seen a couple of Cupra R's on Dyno including my own and have hit 280BHP

Out of interest to you know what revision DV you have on the car ?

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I also thought my car would make more standard. I was hoping for around 250bhp. Maybe I shouldn't have been so careful running it in, and letting it get to temp before driving it hard.

The only thing that disappoints me abit about the APR map is that I can't switch it or do any other other features mentioned in the blurb about it. If I had known this before it was put on my car, I might have went the Revo route. The map and SPS would cost more from Revo, but it gives you more options.

I'm also wondering what the car would be like with Revo now. How it would drive compared to the APR map.

The APR switching features are on their way I'm told.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise