Are F1's worth the money??

JamJay

California Bound
Try a Toyo T1-R, absolutely superb tyre, I've never felt more confident on the road.

Alternately, if you really are on a budget, try Falken FK452. They are about £60 a corner and for the money, you won't get much better.

munkyboy

Jul 24, 2008
Cardiff
Yeh, F1's are superb and worth the money. I like to try all different ones. At the moment I am on Michelin Pilot Sports £320 for 4 from Cost Co. Absolute bargain for a great tyre. The last set I had which were the Vredastein Sessantas were the best tyre I have ever driven but when driving them hard they wear quite quickly

Skint

Because i'm worthless..
Dec 7, 2008
On the A281
F1s are grippy as hell but wear really quickly. Last pair I had on the front lasted 8000miles.
2 weeks ago i purchased some toyo tr1 s and they seem 98% as good.

munkyboy

Jul 24, 2008
Cardiff
No I am running on 225/45/17 I think, but i remember i asked for a price for my mate who is on 18's and they werent that much more expensive. The tyres were buy 4 and get 20% off I think they cost £103 each but i ended up changing all round for the discount.

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
F1's are a mint tyre, amazing grip in the dry and just as good in the wet. Toyo t1-r are good in the dry but almost dangerous in the wet.

F1's all the way!

JamJay

California Bound
Yeh, F1's are superb and worth the money. I like to try all different ones. At the moment I am on Michelin Pilot Sports £320 for 4 from Cost Co. Absolute bargain for a great tyre. The last set I had which were the Vredastein Sessantas were the best tyre I have ever driven but when driving them hard they wear quite quickly

Cost Co as in http://www.costco.co.uk/?

dirk1978

Mar 25, 2009
Just don't even try going out in the snow on F1's. May as well run on the rims.

munkyboy

Jul 24, 2008
Cardiff

Yeh, I don't know if they have their tyres on deals at the moment but they are quite cheap and only deal with michelin. Be warned though, if you need just the front two changed they will want to put the backs on the front and you get brand new ones on the back. They will not change just fronts as apparently its their policy with Michelin. They also fill the tyres up with nitrogen which is better for the tyre.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.