Are Fog Lights LED ??

AndyC567

Feb 28, 2006
Had our Ibiza Xcellence a few days now and really pleased with it.

When the wife came home I noticed it has a cornering function of the front fog lights.

I couldn't be sure if they were LED though, would of hoped so as the rest of the car is full LED's all round in Xcellence trim.

Next question, if they are not LED's, does anyone know if they can be retrofitted and what would be needed ?

Thanks guy's..

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Had our Ibiza Xcellence a few days now and really pleased with it.

When the wife came home I noticed it has a cornering function of the front fog lights.

I couldn't be sure if they were LED though, would of hoped so as the rest of the car is full LED's all round in Xcellence trim.

Next question, if they are not LED's, does anyone know if they can be retrofitted and what would be needed ?

Thanks guy's..

Normal with full led headlights (no halogen) you dont have corner lights active. When you have halogen its activated. Its H8/H11 you need canbus leds. But somethimes they can give a error, then you need to code them out as last type "led".

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Reactions: AndyC567

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
I have full LEDs and cornering lights (which are LED).
Here in Holland full led headlights on ibiza 6F (high beam and low beam) dont have corner lights. I done alot of coding on them to activate this. (Also foghts on when flashing high beam). all of them no leds in foglights..

Reactions: MXP2090

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
I have a Leon, brand new, so maybe they are different but they tend to change the spec so often it's hard to keep up with them.
Thats Wright. Leon 5F first type also with full led dont have corner lights Active. But Leon 5F facelift later then 2015, has cornerlights and they are led.(smaller units then the first Leon 5F types)...

Also facelift have led turnsignals in same unit as drl led. Non facelift has drl led and separate turnsignals(halogen or led on full led headlights)
8c0ebc68859f7813c666149fe4746773.jpg

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
It's a Leon not an Ibiza but it's a 1.5 DSG FR.
I've found what the dealership tell you and what in reality is true are two different things as Seat don't seem to inform them what's changed.
They told me that when I put it into "sports" mode, for example, the ambient lighting would go red...it doesn't it stays at whatever colour I picked from the menu.
Great car, only had it two days and can't stop finding excuses to go for a drive.
Thats right. Because the other model Leon 5F has only red and white door colors. Facelift has ambient lights... Standard there are 8 colors to pick, but with vcds you can change colors because its a RGB led.. like i mentiond, i do alot of coding on vag.

Example of ambientlight, coded extra colors 10 pcs now, and change them. Also on VC sport mode gauge. (What Is not posible on ibiza 6F with VC)
5f073fcdee580404daf2a5c97bb1287c.jpg

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
I have the 8 colours option and went for the orange as it's less in your face than the red and doesn't clash with the dash lights.
On this car i coded 10 colors instead oem 8 and changed color 4,5,6 to other color that customer liked.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Pre-FL Leon Mk3 fogs are Halogen, as well as rear indicators and reverse light, FL Leon MK3 fogs are LEDs and everything else, all Ibiza's thus far, fogs are halogen even if they have full LED headlights o MK5 BiXenons. It's a colour mismatch as the LEDs are whiteish blue, and the fogs are yellow. On the pre-FL Leon FR bumper, the 1 of the fogs are a pain to change...I cannot comment on the Ibiza MK6.

at0ny

Sep 3, 2018
Holland
Guys, In short...would I need to code LED fog lights in Ibiza 6f model if I decided to replace the yellow lights?!
My experience with led foglights on the ibiza 6F. They "can" give error with some canbus leds. (Also with expensive canbus leds)

So its posible you need to code out the fault. Its easy to do with vcds, maybe with obd11. But you need to change last type in leuchte 12(left fog) and leuchte 13(right fog) from halogen to led (ohne pwm) then the fault bulb warning is deleted. Good luck!

May 4, 2019
My experience with led foglights on the ibiza 6F. They "can" give error with some canbus leds. (Also with expensive canbus leds)

So its posible you need to code out the fault. Its easy to do with vcds, maybe with obd11. But you need to change last type in leuchte 12(left fog) and leuchte 13(right fog) from halogen to led (ohne pwm) then the fault bulb warning is deleted. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I will try to dig it out and update once I get work done.

Jaco2k

AWD FTW
Mar 11, 2018
Tampere, Finland
www.youtube.com
Guys, In short...would I need to code LED fog lights in Ibiza 6f model if I decided to replace the yellow lights?!

Yes, I did that and needed to code them.

But, but...
Good luck with finding LED bulbs that are even remotely legal.
I am on my 3rd pair and I think these are still glazing.
The first ones I put where as shiny as the long lights and with a similar reach.
Since I also enabled cornering lights, those would blind anyone coming the other way.
Current bulbs are mostly ok, but they have some special structure on them to simulate a cutoff line.

Remember that the foglight enclosure is reflective and not a projector, so the light patter is all-over the place when you put a LED bulb there.

In comparison, my Leon (FL) had factory LED fogs that are a LED matrix and that have a sharp and low cutoff.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members