Arona FR Sport 1.5tsi DSG ordered

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
HI, I’ve ordered an Arona FR Sport 1.5tsi DSG to replace my Ibiza Xcelence Lux 115ps 1.0tsi manual as my partner loves my VZ2 Formentor and prefers driving an automatic car now she is used to it. I went for the 1.5tsi DSG as I thought the 110ps 1.0tsi would feel to sluggish. Has anyone got the face lifted Arona with this engine and if so what do you think of it? I’m sure I have read somewhere that it is a different version of the engine that was available with the original 1.5tsi manual Arona, does anyone know if this is true?

Tell

Staff member
1.00 3 cylinder DSG in the pre face lifted form goes well. I joke why you need the extra cylinder. Why bother with the 4th if it's going to be closed down. It pulls well and the DSG gear box in that form hasn't a good reputation above 1.0... although others say that's history. It's a good run around car. Seats get uncomfortable after an hour or so and it's not a proper SUV on seating height. It pretends. Good as a junior car to get around small roads and tight corners leaving the good one behind. That's how we use ours.