Ateca FR or Xperience?

Oct 10, 2023
Hi all,

long time lurker first time poster.

I currently drive a 70 plate Ateca FR on a PCP. I’m looking at getting a new car with a year left on the deal.

I’ve been quoted £7pm cheaper than I currently pay for a brand new FR, or £15pm more than I pay for an Xperience. Which considering costs of everything nowadays isn’t too bad.

I remember last time I decided on a FR as I like the sporty detailing, but now I’m tempted by the reversing camera, heated windscreen and digital cockpit. I fancy something different but can’t quite stretch to a FR sport (£50pm more) or Cupra (£100pm more).

so a straight choice- FR or Xperience? For £15 a month more is the extra tech (at expense of FR detailing) worth it for the Xperience?

any opinions welcome. Thank you 😊

Tell

Staff member
Think they sell the FR on the name, sort of Cupra-ish, I'd always have the technology over the name. Every car should have a reversing camera. I diss those that plonk it in reverse and drive straight towards you when walking behind in supermarket car parks. They never read the spec when they bought it I always mutter. They shave the camera off to save money.

A heated windscreen is always good if you drive in cold mornings. No fussing about.

You want to line up the two specs next to each other. Check the seats. The early low spec seats in the Ateca at the lower end of the range were not good compared to the upper end - that may have changed now. You might trade comfortable seats verses the options.

Oct 10, 2023
Thank you for your reply! The seats in both are exactly the same (black Dinamica microsuede). Think the only difference is the FR has contrast red stitching (mine does). Agreed about paying for the name- I sat in a Cupra V1 and it felt exactly the same as my FR, albeit with slightly bigger seats. Most of the tech is the same. Cupra V2 was a step up but £100pm more so would expect it..

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members