Attending a Trackday?

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
V.Nice pic! how on earth you keep your cars this clean is beyond me, mines only used on track and to / from really and is nowhere near show condition, thanks to stone chips / bits of tyre (although have some excellent stuff that removes tyre rubber) / flys / small animals..

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
So that was a blast at Bedford today.
At 4.2 miles
It’s a really good track with lots of fast sections where you touch over a ton. A complex technical section and a bloody fast chicane or two.
Good layout and plenty of run off.

It was good to meet the Old Boy
I recon he’s been drinking from the fountain of youth.
His car is pukka.
Really smooth power delivery for so many horses. Very nice.

My car has been transformed with new coilovers and bushing with added caster.
Engine didn’t miss a beat. Although, I did think I was losing power sporadically on an out lap, but it was only because the traction control hadn’t been switched off.

I had a half spin and mowed the grass on cold tyres.
Forgot they were cold
My buddy span behind me too.
Lesson learned.
Again well run event by Javelin.
Good bunch of people and a great cross section of cars. Couple of other mk1s which was good to see.
Cracking day. Bargain too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Sparkie great day out today, thanks very much for taking me round in your motor it is a beast in its own right.

Found my wallet (tucked underneath my seat) so that's all good.

One pic for the rest of the guys

View attachment 2627

Excellent news about the wallet.
I was going to ask.
Secret to the car looking so good was washing it in the dark last night

Deleted member 103408

Two more bits of Info for those thinking of doing this (picked up from the safety briefing)

1/ Don't chew gum (or sweets of any sort) whilst on the track, the previous meet somebody had done a double roll and when they got him out of the car and on the stretcher he was still chewing gum. The Umpire said he was lucky to be alive as this stuff can get stuck very easily.

2/ Don't smoke - yes he had one guy with full race helmet smoking a fag

Reactions: Legojon and vwtrev

Deleted member 103408

For those who have not seen Guy Martin: The World's Fastest Van - check it out some great video of the building a motor for the track.

I now want to take my Transit on Cadwell Park. Yes I am joking

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
I’ve just booked Oulton for the 28th November with MSV, hopefully it won’t be too hot :)

Anyone fancy joining me?

Deleted member 103408

Would love to join in but I have done my November meet, January we have the north west club meet in Blackpool so I am looking at being back on the track in February if i see a good deal.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Love to... will be likely to be next year for me... i have bad memories from Oulton, went on my motorbike and ended up in the kitty litter on the exit of Knickerbrook, had to rent a van to get the bike back home...

SteA

Jan 12, 2016
Shrewsbury
Love to... will be likely to be next year for me... i have bad memories from Oulton, went on my motorbike and ended up in the kitty litter on the exit of Knickerbrook, had to rent a van to get the bike back home...

That doesn’t sound the best experience. Oulton is by far my favourite UK track and one I’ve done in lots of different cars over the last 15 years or so, great fun. :)

Reactions: Sharpy

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
That doesn’t sound the best experience. Oulton is by far my favourite UK track and one I’ve done in lots of different cars over the last 15 years or so, great fun. :)

Did Cadwell a lot on the bikes as it’s kinda local.... I’d hope to have a more favourable experience in the car! Pluton is a great track, my sister lives over that way so I’ll be able to stop over closer than York!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Here’s a little vid of the best bits @ Bedford Autodrome on Monday, with me coming off the track on stone cold tyres and mates car locking up etc.

Haha I cannot edit out your comments when you spin off lol seemed like you were having too much fun!

Thanks for the footage

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Haha I cannot edit out your comments when you spin off lol seemed like you were having too much fun!

Thanks for the footage

Aaah forgot about the beginning.
Yeah should say it has adult language. Sorry everyone.
Kids. “Don’t Look”
I was laughing from adrenaline shot and the fact my pal followed me in and span too.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Here’s a little vid of the best bits @ Bedford Autodrome on Monday, with me coming off the track on stone cold tyres and mates car locking up etc.

NIce video, yep tyres were a tad cold :)

That CRX is pretty handy, what's its spec.?

Also notice you running "Whiteline Control Arm Bushing adding Castor " where did you find these, I'm running Powerflex bushes as seemed to be the best for my car at the time, I used to have quite a bit of Whiteline stuff on my old Impreza (great aussie kit) but nothing that fitted our cars back then.

My mate was there in the Grey Megane RS250 (near the end of the pit lane).

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
NIce video, yep tyres were a tad cold :)

That CRX is pretty handy, what's its spec.?

Also notice you running "Whiteline Control Arm Bushing adding Castor " where did you find these, I'm running Powerflex bushes as seemed to be the best for my car at the time, I used to have quite a bit of Whiteline stuff on my old Impreza (great aussie kit) but nothing that fitted our cars back then.

My mate was there in the Grey Megane RS250 (near the end of the pit lane).

CRX is lovely example.
It’s had pages and pages done but basically
Now runs an Integrra Type R engine and gear box
Skunk 2 Racing mani and exhaust
Racing ecu with launch control mapped in
Every brace and strut up and down.
Engine mounts
Polly bushed all over and BC Racing coilovers
Toyo R888R rubber
The sound of it is unreal.
In the vids he has a baffle in and it still sounds amazing.
As he was banned after 8 laps last time.
Also has to lift off at certain points around the track near the sensors.
Oldest car on pit row
The whiteline bushes which add castor were from a brilliant guy I’ve found called Julian. He owns Balance Performance.
Really knows his stuff. Explained why my car was doing what it was and what was happening to my tyres etc.
Explained it was probably the best mod you can do to your suspension and it’s only about 45 quid. Said I’d be putting the power on earlier and that it tyres would bite not spin much more and Wow. How right he was.
He did me a great deal on BC coilovers too and was available to call and badger with fitting questions etc.
Even searched the net to find guides to things I needed.
Can’t thank him enough.
Give him a bu zz. Say hi from Olly.
Yeah. Saw the Megane. One of the best track cars for pure driving. Nice example.

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
CRX is lovely example.
It’s had pages and pages done but basically
Now runs an Integrra Type R engine and gear box
Skunk 2 Racing mani and exhaust
Racing ecu with launch control mapped in
Every brace and strut up and down.
Engine mounts
Polly bushed all over and BC Racing coilovers
Toyo R888R rubber
The sound of it is unreal.
In the vids he has a baffle in and it still sounds amazing.
As he was banned after 8 laps last time.
Also has to lift off at certain points around the track near the sensors.
Oldest car on pit row
The whiteline bushes which add castor were from a brilliant guy I’ve found called Julian. He owns Balance Performance.
Really knows his stuff. Explained why my car was doing what it was and what was happening to my tyres etc.
Explained it was probably the best mod you can do to your suspension and it’s only about 45 quid. Said I’d be putting the power on earlier and that it tyres would bite not spin much more and Wow. How right he was.
He did me a great deal on BC coilovers too and was available to call and badger with fitting questions etc.
Even searched the net to find guides to things I needed.
Can’t thank him enough.
Give him a bu zz. Say hi from Olly.
Yeah. Saw the Megane. One of the best track cars for pure driving. Nice example.

Ok great, i'll bookmark them. I think you mean Balance Motorsport though, Balance Performance gives a bunch of athletic fitness companies :)

How you finding your car as a daily (I assume it's a daily) now you uprated the suspension parts?

cheers

Trev.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
It’s becoming less of a daily as I have a beaten up Honda accord tourer with electric everything and leather heated seats for work and fishing etc.
In honesty the R it’s still a decent drive.
The BC ciilovers aren’t crashy. Just firm.
But my ride height has dropped further. This will be an issue going into London as I scraped on speed bumps here and there before hand so I’m pretty sure it will now be a nightmare.
Went in to London after a track day and hadn’t re inflated tyres. Scraped splitter on all bumps.
That was only a few mm lower thsn my normal height. Now I’m about 15 mm lower than previous springs so going to be a pig I guess.
Without the bumps it’s great though.
Just want to reduce my mileage in it.

Reactions: vwtrev

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yup Balance Motorsport. Exactly.
Getting muddled with. GSM Performance I think.
They do seats and subframes etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

vwtrev

Flying Banana
Oct 29, 2015
Essex, united kingdom
Work car , v. handy :)

Looks like there was a fair few people there with incar cameras on that day. If you want to get more views and so others on the day can find you (and you their videos, which you may be in) i'd change the title to include the date as well as track name.

Reactions: Sparkie
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise