Audi/Seat scuttle cover

staccato

Jan 2, 2016
Can you still get the scuttle panel/battery tray covers for the seat exeo from the audi a4?

I had about 3 inches of water under my battery last week which I cleared but water just gushes over that area. It needs a bit of protection.

Flobadob

Apr 6, 2015
Warwickshire
Hi
I purchased these late last year from an Audi dealer so would of thought they are still available. Info here on part numbers etc

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=312170

Though please note these covers will reduce the opportunity of leaves/debris getting into the battery area and reduce the chance of the debris blocking the drainage holes. They will NOT stop water entering this area.

If you still get water in the bulkhead after cleaning the debris out of the bulkhead then the drainage channels are still blocked. There are a number of posts on this issue and where and what to look for.

Cheers

Flob

staccato

Jan 2, 2016
Thanks for this. I had loads of leaf litter although if nobody has ever scraped it out prior to me then it wasn't bad going in 4 years I guess

staccato

Jan 2, 2016
If you had the covers fitted would you have noticed the 3" of water? or would you have missed it and had a flood costing hundreds of pounds to rectify (if indeed you can ever recover the electrics)?
I have had 3 floods in the past in Passats, these have very good coverage of the plenum chamber as the cover is one complete unit, it also has a soft rubber seal on it, but they still flood as the stupid valves get blocked with silt.
I advise removing the valves and not wasting money on covers that perform no useful function, but get in the way!

Good point. Plus I wonder how much they cost!

lm62svt

Sep 26, 2013
Essex
Hi all
Had my Exeo over two years now and had the scuttle covers fitted after a couple of weeks.
I thought this would keep me safe but the valves still clogged up and water started to fill.
I had the valves removed and would recommend this regardless of covers fitted or not

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members