Auto dimming side view mirrors

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Hi Folks,

This is my first post here in this forum.
Still trying to figure out to navigate the forum.
Already tried searching also went through cupra specs but couldn't find a definite answer.
If anyone know this information, does formentor got side view mirrors auto dimming ? Or they are just standard mirrors.
I can observe back view mirror does go a bit dark.
But side view mirrors I don't see difference is it me who is unable to differentiate or there is no such thing for side view mirrors. 🤔
It is Formentor VZN by the way.

Thanks.

Regards,
KJ

fpdoc0697

May 22, 2021
Thanks 👍.
Even I thought so.
As its not mentioned anywhere and coming from Audi Q3 2020 vorsprung it was noticeable so thought to ask.
Thanks.
Regards,
KJ
No worries. It's a strange thing to be missed by Cupra, and to not even be an option. I'm surprised it isn't standard on more cars, like auto dimming rear view mirrors!

KJA

Feb 18, 2024
South East England
Yes even I couldn't digest it so asked.
Not sure also rear of the car they didn't bother to extend ambient lightning 🙄
Maybe those are all money saving tactics.

Reactions: fpdoc0697

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
VW used to offer auto dimming side view (door) mirrors on some trim levels of the the mk5 Golf if the first owner specified the optional extra cost luxury pack. That was back in the early 2000’s and I don’t think that option was available on the mk6 Golf or later models. With headlight technology having advanced over the years, it would certainly make sense for auto dimming door mirrors to be fitted, to reduce glare / dazzle from modern LED headlamps of following vehicles.

I seem to remember with the Golf that if the mirror glass ever needed replacing, the replacement glass from a VW dealership was very expensive though.

Reactions: KJA and fpdoc0697
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members