Auto Lights retrofit?

andy_css

Jan 18, 2015
I had a look at the part numbers you listed and I don't see the 2.0 diesel FR on there as being compatible but the equivalent ST is, do you think that these parts would work with the normal hatchback? Just looking for some advice before I take the plunge and buy the parts?

Jack Jumpin

Jul 19, 2007
Hi Andy_CSS

I just got the parts and have full VCDS, when I do this I am going to create a guide.

I like to know what I am doing before messing with my car, but I am struggling to get any feedback on the VCDS coding process. Have you found any guides online ?

Cheers
JJ

Chrismalkinuk

Nov 17, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Hi Andy_CSS

I just got the parts and have full VCDS, when I do this I am going to create a guide.

I like to know what I am doing before messing with my car, but I am struggling to get any feedback on the VCDS coding process. Have you found any guides online ?

Cheers
JJ

Did you manage to do the guide? Do you need any extra wiring? Or is it just the sensor and light switch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FRvirgin

Jan 3, 2016
S Yorks
Hi guys, just put a deposit down on a 13 plate FR 180DSG this weekend for SWMBO not realising until after that it did not have auto lights/wipers so I'll be very interested in an idiots guide to this mod if anyone gets the time to post. I'm going to invest in VCDS also as my car is also MQB Skoda O3 so will be plenty to play with on both cars.

Also, if anyone has any advice on what VCDS kit is best for MQB cars that would be great as there seems to be a few options.

Max M4X WW

Jan 20, 2015
Nr. Guildford
Just found this, fairly happy this can be done (if it can, has anyone else done it??) before I buy the bits I would like confirmation!

My ST had LED's but no auto wipers or lights so this would be a nice addition.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.