Auto wiper problem?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Hey Jarre, if you have your wipers on the first click (auto), with a dry screen, if you tap your sensor do your wipers do a wipe?

Minw do and I'm not sure if it's a fault or not.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
You don't have this at the top of your windscreen then?

y9e6egaj.jpg

bugutagu.jpg

Nope so as original post sales brochure says it's fitted but not got one:confused:

Aug 28, 2013
Lanarkshire
It was my understanding that auto lights and wipers come together. If there's a setting that says 'auto' on your headlight switch then you've got them. I thought if you didn't have it on the auto setting the auto wipers wouldn't kick in. Also pretty sure if it is on auto and it detects enough rain to activate the wipers it'll also switch dipped beam on as well, regardless of ambient light.

beardymat

If it should have auto wipers it may be that the car has had a replacement windscreen fitted, The screen for the auto wiper version is generally more expensive and it wouldn't be the first time I have seen one fitted with the cheaper screen and the wiring tucked behind the headliner. Hope this isn't the case but its worth looking into if your car has auto headlights as the two use the same sensor.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Hey beardymat pm me maybe as your in sheff if your willing maybe meet up&show us what 2 look 4 cos i'm new 2 such techie stuff?

Mate, it's really simple. If you have auto lights there will be the word auto written next to the light switch. the auto lights and auto wipers use the same sensor. it is in the top left of the windscreen as shown in the pic above.

If you have auto written by your lights and no sensor I would guess that the car has had the wrong windscreen fitted after the original one was broken and the wiring for the sensor is tucked up inside the head lining.

beardymat

Hey beardymat pm me maybe as your in sheff if your willing maybe meet up&show us what 2 look 4 cos i'm new 2 such techie stuff?

Yeah, don't mind giving it a lookover for you, Im a panelbeater with a lot of vag background (used to work at gilders) so should be able to spot if somethings amiss.

I live at intake, where abouts are you?

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Yeah, don't mind giving it a lookover for you, Im a panelbeater with a lot of vag background (used to work at gilders) so should be able to spot if somethings amiss.

I live at intake, where abouts are you?

Hi peeps guess what i found!!!:lol: poked around as hedlinin's abit saggy where it joins w/screen&as if by magic (a shop keeper appeared if your of a certain age you'll get it)YES found the sensor must have had a new screen at some point thought auto light sensor was seperate only had car since july so not realy had any rain till recently so now my lights turn off in daylight:D just wait till it rains again i'll
have 2 set wiper speed&hopefully i can leave it on auto slight prob tho the covers missing so got 2stick 2 screen wi some gasket goo.
THANKS GUYS SPECIAL SHOUT OUT 2 BEARDYMAT.

i'm rothervalley park area beardymat.

beardymat

That's good news, well kind of.

On a proper screen there should be a boss on the screen and a blacked out area with a clear window in it for the sensor to see through. They use a gel patch between the sensor and the screen which I think helps transmit the light which can affect reliability if its not there or covered in fluff/fingerprints. You can buy them separately but if its working fine don't worry too much about it.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
That's good news, well kind of.

On a proper screen there should be a boss on the screen and a blacked out area with a clear window in it for the sensor to see through. They use a gel patch between the sensor and the screen which I think helps transmit the light which can affect reliability if its not there or covered in fluff/fingerprints. You can buy them separately but if its working fine don't worry too much about it.

seems to work ok when I found it gave it a wipe over wi some dvd lens cleaner stuff&gave the w/screen agood clean b4 stickin sensor on phoned local ey said steelers 2 see if I could get a cover but they said there's no mention o separate cover just whole sensor but at£140 i'll leave as is while it's working!!
THANKS again 4 sugesti8n look there was beginin 2 think maybe seat changed things&didn't fit one that year:shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.