Axle stand location

Rockbox

Apr 6, 2018
Hi just wondering were the axle stand point is on the front end of a Leon if there is one.
Having quickly looked underneath cannot see anything obvious just plastic.

Thanks.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
@Seriously? , are you sure that workshops are using these points, I'm sure that workshop lifts use the 4 - off emergency jack points - where the 4 - off strong points are located.
Ours does: I only know this because last time it was in for a service, they didn't refit the nearside one properly.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Oh well, finding that out means something.

I've noticed these covers on a SEAT Arona as well, I thought that at least originally, no where used these points to lift the car, but there was a kit of parts available that allowed you to retro fit "lifting point protectors" to Golf/Ibiza/A3 and probably Octavia.

I sort of hinted at my older daughter's partner that getting a set of them for her SEAT Leon Cupra could be useful for when lifting up that car using trolley jacks - but that went no where.

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
On the Leon, under the cover is a round pressing in the floor pan. It's obviously been used for lifting on our car; there's 'witness marks' in the underseal
Vidoe here:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
There used to be a lot of chatter about using these points on VW Group car bodies for DIYers to jack on, although I still think that these 4 points are designed into all or most VW Group car bodies to make it easier and safer to move the bare bodies around assembly plant production lines, ie points to secure moving equipment to bare body shells. The fact that some cars, or maybe moving forward, all new designs of cars, have removable panels covering the front ones does really suggest that they are now intended to be used for supporting or lifting fully built up cars.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise