Baby Seat Protectors

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Does anyone use a seat protector underneath there baby seats?

I've seen a ad in the Autocar for them and was wondering if they are worth it.

We have our 1st child due in July and I would like to protect my Cupra as much as possible from wear to the rear seat.

Cheers

RickyD

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
We have had baby seats the last 2 years in a SEAT and VW and I can't tell where they have been?

I'd be more worried about choosing a good Isofix seat and checking it's been tested for your car (so they don;t roll forward in a crash) or getting a 'top tether' for the car seat if it's not been tested

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
We have had baby seats the last 2 years in a SEAT and VW and I can't tell where they have been?

I'd be more worried about choosing a good Isofix seat and checking it's been tested for your car (so they don;t roll forward in a crash) or getting a 'top tether' for the car seat if it's not been tested

Yes, I agree safety is the most important factor. I will be purchasing a ISOFIX compatable seat for the car and quite like the idea of a Recaro one for when the baby is older.

Cheers

Ricky

cuprascott

Leon FR DSG 150 Tdi
Nov 28, 2006
Yes, I agree safety is the most important factor. I will be purchasing a ISOFIX compatable seat for the car and quite like the idea of a Recaro one for when the baby is older.

Cheers

Ricky

Im looking at the recaro ones at the moment. My son has just about grown out of his rear facing baby seat.

we got the mama's and papa's primio vaggio system cos it clips out the car and on to the pram wheels. not cheap at about £600 for the lot. At the time when we bought it we had the old LC and a Focus neither of which had isofix so we bought the "Surefix" base that uses the seat belts. two months later we bought the new leon and a passat estate both with isofix. So thought i had nothing better to do than go to the shop and buy the isofix base for the seat.
NO NO NO they have since launched the isofix base and redesigned the seat so if i wanted isofix base i would need to buy the new seat cos the base is slightly different. NOT IMPRESSED. Especially as at the time we were asked "Do you need the isofix base?".

So DO NOT BUY FROM MAMA'S AND PAPA'S!!!!

On top of the above you cant call the store direct you need to go through their call centre that is closed at the weekend. When we went to pick up the pram and child seat ect they said it hadnt come in yet despite it being the date THEY had agreed and suggested we should have phoned first (Bearing in mind that this was a saturday). I then called them back on the monday and they went to check the stock room. All my boxes were there in the stock room and had been for a week - if they had bothered to go through the back to they would have seen this.

So in essence Useless Customer service from an incompetent company only interested in your money AVOID.

Sorry Rant over!!