Benzys TDI FR

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Thanks for all the comments, will be good to see urs clean paul. I'll get some close ups of the roof soon mate, on shift at the moment so don't get much time. I think I paid about 150 for it to be wrapped

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Have cleaned the car and applied 'ultimate shield' to all the paint and windows and vinyl. Omg wot a difference it made! And the best bit is I'm not going to have to ever do it again :D let me no wot u think

LeonReflection_zpsa317a0b9.png

LeonBonnet_zps98c752c1.png

Just some comparison photos, ill take some proper ones tomorrow

jtothed

fantastic looking car buddy, nice choice of mods too, especially like that custom front splitter - looks the dogs! If i end up getting a leon i'll definitely be using this thread for some inspiration! the car standard looks great and you've just improved it a long with the performance benefits.. :)

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
fantastic looking car buddy, nice choice of mods too, especially like that custom front splitter - looks the dogs! If i end up getting a leon i'll definitely be using this thread for some inspiration! the car standard looks great and you've just improved it a long with the performance benefits.. :)

Thanks a lot man :) nice to know she's appreciated :)

Yesterday I went to a rolling road day organised by a mate through his car club but invited me along to get the numbers up. It was over in Bletchley near Milton Keynes and was a great day, got on the rollers and the car put out more than I was hoping for, got 228 bhp and 350 lbs ft

I was dead chuffed with my graph too as that looks exactly what I was hoping for

711E49B4-8EE0-4016-A5EC-0F5104911915-6758-000004C457ED4CB6_zpsefca29f9.jpg

I know a lot of these places over read but there was a lot of fiestas there with the mountune mr200 kit on that were all getting results between 195 and 205 so it can't be far out at all

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
That seems a bit high for the stock turbo. Does it smoke like an absolute **** end ?
If not, and figures are not inflated...jealous :)

minnnt

Aug 3, 2013
Print out looks good. :D

As for the Ultimate Shield... can't deny the finish does look good, but not too sure about the 'never have to do it again' part.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
That seems a bit high for the stock turbo. Does it smoke like an absolute **** end ?
If not, and figures are not inflated...jealous :)

Smoke is only bad under heavy load, I'll find the video on YouTube and put that up so you can see the smoke. They had extractors so it doesn't look bad. I can't imagine the figures are inflated too much as the mr200s were all getting figures around the 200 mark which is exactly what they should have been getting.

Print out looks good. :D

As for the Ultimate Shield... can't deny the finish does look good, but not too sure about the 'never have to do it again' part.

Thanks man :)

The ultimate shield has been on for 3 months now and is still looking as good as the day I put it on :) I'm over the moon about it and a load of guys at the rolling road yesterday was asking me what iv used to make it so shiny :D

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
Pretty smokey stuff. And that's with the extractors right on the exhaust!
Too much for me :) I'd rather be down on power a bit.

Still a lovely car mate! Very nice

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Pretty smokey stuff. And that's with the extractors right on the exhaust!
Too much for me :) I'd rather be down on power a bit.

Still a lovely car mate! Very nice

It looks worse there than if it was out on the road obviously because it's stationary. The back end used to take a bit of a battering with the soot but the new polish keeps it off pretty well :)

JazzleDazzle

Straight through exhaust

Benzy,

That exhaust is absolutely awesome. I take it that its completely custom? I am looking at replacing mine aswell so was wondering how much it cost you.

I take it that you still have the DPF installed but gutted or has it been completely removed?

Cheers

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Benzy,

That exhaust is absolutely awesome. I take it that its completely custom? I am looking at replacing mine aswell so was wondering how much it cost you.

I take it that you still have the DPF installed but gutted or has it been completely removed?

Cheers

Thanks for the comment mate. Ye the exhaust is completely custom and if I remember it cost me about 350 ish. And the dpf is gutted then refitted and rempped to stage 2

JazzleDazzle

Thanks for the comment mate. Ye the exhaust is completely custom and if I remember it cost me about 350 ish. And the dpf is gutted then refitted and rempped to stage 2

Oh nice. Does stage 2 mean that you have also fitted a hybrid turbo?

Also, where/who did you get your exhaust fabricated from? Do you have the dimensions?

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
No I don't have a hybrid. I have dpf and egr delete, straight through exhaust and a performance panel filter. I had a mate who owns a small tuning garage near kimbolton do it for me. It's 2.75 inch wide up to the tail pipes which are 4 inch each to fill out the holes in the bumper

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise