Bocanegra Brakes

Dec 3, 2009
The brakes are in need of replacing, I don't fancy the full on 312mm upgrade

Can anyone recommend the standard size but upgraded?

Thanks,

Aug 31, 2013
Washington Tyne&Wear
May I ask why dude? The stock brakes are so bad it's painful.. The 312mm set up is a simple and cheap kit Robbie does them on here aka turboboy... One of the best mods I have done

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
May I ask why dude? The stock brakes are so bad it's painful.. The 312mm set up is a simple and cheap kit Robbie does them on here aka turboboy... One of the best mods I have done

this,

the 312mm non racing brake upgrade is awesome value, it uses the bigger calipers off the leon.
the 312 porsche upgrade uses 4 pot beasty brakes from a carrera and is beast
the 343mm R32 brake upgrade uses mk4 R32 brakes, (robbies got a set cheap atm)
the 323mm LCR brembo upgrade is what i have on mine, and is probably the best brake setup for a boc, i can plant my foot wherever and it will stop. not cheap but so worth it.

all of them are a HUGE upgrade over stock, the 288s are pony, not worth using, just upgrade to any of the above you will not regret it.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
The r32 set is sold, I have a fresh set of red 312s that want a home though (same as troupys)

The 312s are a massive upgrade over standard.

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
The rears stay standard, there isn't any huge benifit other than looks on the rear. I can supply new discs pads and rebuilt powder coated rear callipers also

Jaytiz

Jan 26, 2014
Leicestershire
this,

the 312mm non racing brake upgrade is awesome value, it uses the bigger calipers off the leon.
the 312 porsche upgrade uses 4 pot beasty brakes from a carrera and is beast
the 343mm R32 brake upgrade uses mk4 R32 brakes, (robbies got a set cheap atm)
the 323mm LCR brembo upgrade is what i have on mine, and is probably the best brake setup for a boc, i can plant my foot wherever and it will stop. not cheap but so worth it.

all of them are a HUGE upgrade over stock, the 288s are pony, not worth using, just upgrade to any of the above you will not regret it.

Listed by big pete, just wondering if anyone knows how much this would cost, just curious :p

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
My 312 Porsche kits are £730 posted or fitted,new everything,discs pads,braided lines freshly powder coated callipers. I'll have my 330mm Porsche kit available pretty soon off my car as I've got rid of the Ibiza. 4 pot brakes are a lot more expensive due to cost to buy and build them.

Single pot 312 with new discs and pads are £260 fitted or posted

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Give me a pm I'll send you my number with more details and pictures etc. if you need to replace or thinking to replace your brakes it would be silly not to upgrade.

Dec 3, 2009
Jaytiz - definitely go for it, £260 fitted is a steal

I'm moving house and have holidays booked etc. atm I just want something cheap & quick so I can stop squealing everywhere I go, when that's all over I will either start modding this or get something else

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
The vented 256 rear brake upgrade isn't just for looks. It helps a lot when (fully)braking around a corner, no more rear end shake.

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
If your "fully braking round a corner" your not driving properly anyway.
On a track I rear upgrade would be worth looking at to keep the car more balanced under heavy braking (in a straight line) and due to them being vented to help cooling..on the road there is no big difference unless your driving is really inappropriate for the road, the gain would be from front brakes.

The 256mm look beefier behind the wheel and it's nice to say I've upgraded the rear brakes to your mates or to impress someone but for the road that's about it. I'm not saying don't get a rear upgrade I'm saying if your on a budget the fronts will give you all the bang for buck you need

queen

~Nassia~
Nov 29, 2010
Athens, Greece
I'm into street racing so I'm not driving properly anyway [B)]
When you're going 160 and you see a light turning red while on a corner you'll see how happy you'll be that you got them and how good they are at keeping the rear from shaking.
They're the best bang for you buck for a rear brake upgrade and they've been since the mk4 days.
600bhp Ibiza's with 8pots fronts and 256 rears swear by them.
Obviously if you have **** brakes you should upgrade the fronts first.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
10964669_10153056738845853_191863507_o.jpg

brembos look pretty btw

Tansy

Sep 23, 2012
Hi. I am interested in upgrading the brakes on my Ibiza CR FR to 312mm I am currently looking for AP/Brembo callipers. Does anyone have any opinions on whether I should go for one over the other ? Would Brembos fit standard FR wheels without spacers ?

Sorry I can't PM yet.

Cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.