Bonnet leak

Hickery1995

Oct 23, 2018
Hi, I have a friend with a 2012 Mk2 Leon Copa who's engine bay seems to get absolutely soaked every time it rains.. Have no clue why its happening or what can be causing this but the fabric on the underside of the bonnet is completely ruined, does anyone have any idea what this could be/how to fix this?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It'll like be through the scuttle. Images are gone now.. but basically it's sealing round it and sealing the holes in it:

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
I had this issue and recently fixed it on my 2010 Cupra during lockdown furlough time, so far it is dry with rain we have had and ive wind tested it by driving in windy weather at 70MPH. I followed the guide by Timsawf but the pics dont work anymore but read it carefully its easy enough. I couldnt find the same seal sizes he uses so i had to get the next best thing so i went with 8MM thick 10MM wide strip and and 7MM D profile seal (9MM 7MM compressed) both 5M rolls for less than a tenner. The hardest part i found was removing the 2 clips which cant really be accessed which are at risk of snapping and i couldnt find any replacements cheap... luckily i didnt break any but buying them from seat direct come to like £4 a clip i was quoted nearly £40 for the 9 clips.

Link:
Mk 2 Leon, How to Seal the Bonnet Strip | SEATCupra.net Forums

Strip Links:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.