bonnet raisers,what do you think?

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
i got some bonnet raisers made and just wanted know everyones opinion on them that all the only thing that made me do it i was getting temp as hihg as 74 degrese under the bonnet but avaraged at 60 ish so here is a few pics
Image0072.jpg

Image0682.jpg

Image066-1.jpg
Image067-1.jpg

i am sick of getting told my bonnet is up tho,iv had temps as low as43 and as high as 55 so it has cooled it down under there
any opinions good or bad are welcome
rich

G223

Dec 6, 2007
form follows function, its simple and works and looks pretty good

The stig 2

May 14, 2008
Trowbridge
Tbh it looks **** but if it helps your temperature then im all for them :D

Just be funny if you had a picture of a train behind you!

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Tbh it looks **** but if it helps your temperature then im all for them :D

Just be funny if you had a picture of a train behind you!

lol yeah i was in a stupid mood and thort i no what i take some pics of my car on the train lines,i was in debate on geting some more made a bit lower,it sits an inch higher at the min

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
had a digita thermonitor in there and the other end was in the car so we could see the temps

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
If the oil temp and coolant temp are getting too hot (i.e. oil >100, and coolant needle not in the middle) then i'd start to worry. Otherwise, i'd not be worrying about it. A bit of a heat rush when you open the bonnet is quite normal :)

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
i just wanted to see what the temps was in there wile driving about and see if there is any way to get them down to try improve perfromance slightly

MarkE

Acceptable in the 80s
Jul 20, 2003
Lancaster
www.markeaston.org
The bonnet and the not-quite-right-fitting bumper make it look like it's been in a front-end collision to me so not to my taste. But it's your car, at the end of the day.

Saw a yellow Vario today near Windermere with what looked like Mk3 Cupra skirts - looked good. :)

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
it had a knck at x-mas when i was parked up,and no-one left any details so iv been stuck with it like that iv hopefully got a mk3 front end to go on!
windermere weres then?and when did you see it?