Boost Gauge in a Cupra 280?

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Hey guys & girls - really want to fit a boost gauge in my Cupra 280. Also loved them, and always had one in my previous cars!

Any new liquid type gauges out there? Or a boost gauge and pod/air vent pod you would recommend? Searched and can't really find much (Awesome Gti look like they may have a few goodies)

Who has one fitted? Pics...and links please haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abulafia

Aug 5, 2016
Greece
I fitted one on my FR184, but I custom made the pod and support - all the aftermarket pods seem too tacky to me. Unfortunately can't post pics (yet). The boost gauge was STACK Pro (got it from demon tweeks) and made the installation myself (wiring, pod, painting, etc.). I installed on the A pillar and as soon as I can upload photos I will post some. The gauge itself is perfect - high quality and understated.

bretth1974

May 3, 2015
Presume you don't have one on your infotainment system?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Look forward to seeing pics! And no - sadly I don't - 2014 Cupra 280, so no gauges even so - there's also been something about an 'aftermarket' gauge you fit yourself etc that I love - that's why I want one anyone else? Surely there's more out there lol

abulafia

Aug 5, 2016
Greece
I've always believed that an OBD gauge is a bit artificial and ...well... playstation-y.

I've always preferred the mechanical installation, i.e. having a pressure transmitter connected to the air intake (in this case, actually the turbo air outlet) which sends an electric signal back to the electronic gauge. Very fast, very reliable, dead on accurate. And very "mechanical" in feel, which I really like. No worries - as soon as I get the required number of posts I will be uploading some photos.

Last edited:

abulafia

Aug 5, 2016
Greece
OK, let's see if I can post images:

IMG_3001_zpsij2slkqg.jpg

IMG_3019_zpscnjptsrd.jpg

IMG_3006_zpsfdpjfzz3.jpg

2m4wtbd.jpg

DGF264

Jul 15, 2010
County Durham
Not sure about it on the A pillar - but yeah - that's what I'm after that mechanical type gauge - anyone know of any aftermarket vent pods/gauges out there?

abulafia

Aug 5, 2016
Greece
Not sure about it on the A pillar - but yeah - that's what I'm after that mechanical type gauge - anyone know of any aftermarket vent pods/gauges out there?

Well, there's no other place to put it really. If you place it on top of the dashboard, then you'll either have to drill through it for the cabling (and face a hell of a cable management job passing everything through the dashboard) or leave the wires out in the open. Alternatively you can place it in the compartment below the A/C controls, but that means negating the free storage space you have there (and you don't have many in Leon) and also cable management will be really tricky since, again, there's no clear path to the engine bay.

Having it on the A-pillar really solves all above problems: Cables go through the support and from inside the A-pillar cover to the relay box and then to the engine bay from behind the clutch pedal. You can't see a mm of cable if you tried, and it's a very straightforward job to do and very easy to connect the cables for the lighting and the power on/off. Put it low enough (like I have) and it's not impeding your line of vision too.

BTW, my gauge is this one: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauges-auxiliary/stack-professional-boost-pressure-gauge

Same (UK) site offers a number of pods: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauge-mounting-pods-plates

Hope it helps.

Harman

Apr 28, 2017

Hello,
Im installing a glowshift gauge in my 280, but the fittings provided are standard compression fitting which require you to tap into the intake manifold which seems a bit sketchy. Did you buy that forge motorsport gauge kit which lets you adapt the MAP sensor or did you just tap into the manifold?
Thanks

Harman

Apr 28, 2017
Well, there's no other place to put it really. If you place it on top of the dashboard, then you'll either have to drill through it for the cabling (and face a hell of a cable management job passing everything through the dashboard) or leave the wires out in the open. Alternatively you can place it in the compartment below the A/C controls, but that means negating the free storage space you have there (and you don't have many in Leon) and also cable management will be really tricky since, again, there's no clear path to the engine bay.

Having it on the A-pillar really solves all above problems: Cables go through the support and from inside the A-pillar cover to the relay box and then to the engine bay from behind the clutch pedal. You can't see a mm of cable if you tried, and it's a very straightforward job to do and very easy to connect the cables for the lighting and the power on/off. Put it low enough (like I have) and it's not impeding your line of vision too.

BTW, my gauge is this one: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauges-auxiliary/stack-professional-boost-pressure-gauge

Same (UK) site offers a number of pods: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/gauge-mounting-pods-plates

Hope it helps.
Hello,
I'm trying to fit a boost gauge too but I've realised that the fuse for the constant 12v supply isn't expandable because they've used these rubbish JCASE cartridge fuses. What fuses did you expand to power the gauge?
Thanks

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Awesome GTi sell one that goes into the air vent next to the drivers door. Not sure if it’s Leon specific one/