Jan 10, 2017
UK

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK

Edit,
Forget the above they do not fit.
They look about 12 mm to long.
I looked on the internet and for my Seat Leon SC they should be 483 mm long, the ones i bought are 495mm.
So anyyone who has fitted them to there seat leon have you a 5 door car with different
length struts ?
Has anyone any idea how i can get these to fit ?

BenJacko

Mar 3, 2018
Anyone got a link to any that are in stock? For a hatchback 17 plate if that makes a difference

jacko5

Jan 10, 2017
UK
Just to say i think 3 and 5 door gas struts are different sizes.
Part number for mine says 483mm ( 3 door ).

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
How’s everyone getting on with this mod after using it for a while?

I had the same done on my old mk5 golf and found in the cold the boot wouldn’t always pop. Something to do with the gas in the cold.

Also no issues with the boot warping? Also a common occurrence with the mk5.

Wastedagen

Aug 3, 2017
Milton keynes

I had the same done on my old mk5 golf and found in the cold the boot wouldn’t always pop. Something to do with the gas in the cold.

Still working great on mine... Fitted them last August. Post #40.
Agree with you about the cold.... But I just squirted a little silicone grease on the struts and it seemed to help..

Still a great MOD. Still a great workout shutting the boot... Lol

Deleted member 103408

Agree re cold but as above you can sort that.

Warping - no issues much more about bonnet struts that people worry about the warping but that was on the Mark 2, not seen it on the Mark 3 yet.

heliophile

May 1, 2016
Manchester

Had mine 3 months (post #67) - also find it doesn't pop in cold weather. I've also developed an intermittant fault where the badge release doesn't work, but no idea if strut related, seems unlikely.

Deleted member 103408

Had mine 3 months (post #67) - also find it doesn't pop in cold weather. I've also developed an intermittant fault where the badge release doesn't work, but no idea if strut related, seems unlikely.

Badge release is common issue there are several threads on it here.

Deleted member 103408

There were a few cases on the mk5 golf of the stronger struts slowly causing the boot to warp over time when it was closed and caused the rear screen to shatter.

Was something to do with the pressure on the edges when the boot was closed.

Had mine a couple years now and no issue so far, certainly not heard of anybody on here complaining of this sort of issue.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise