Boot struts

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
Where can I get cheap, good quality boot struts? Not the ones that allow the boot to open remotely with the key. I want a replacement for the stock struts as they’re loosing their strength. Or, if there’s a way to improve the strength of my struts again, that’d be great. I’ve seen previous posts re this but the links are old now.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Where can I get cheap, good quality boot struts? Not the ones that allow the boot to open remotely with the key. I want a replacement for the stock struts as they’re loosing their strength. Or, if there’s a way to improve the strength of my struts again, that’d be great. I’ve seen previous posts re this but the links are old now.
Try the dealership

Can't harm to ask for a quote

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hatchback boot strut = 5F4827550B
I find a bit of silicone lube on all the pivot points helps my boot struts open the tail gate better.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Okay. I’ll try that. What about Vaseline or WD40?
Tried WD - worked/helped for a bit but then went stiff again ;)
I plan to remove my struts to properly lube the pivot points - obviously supporting the boot!

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I was just about to use WD40 now. I’ll leave that then. The original struts have lasted 8 years and almost 100k miles, so that’s not too bad when you think about it like that.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.