Bosch Aerotwins

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Look good, Bosch is a good brand i think. a bit pricey though. The volkswagen golf mk4 conversion set is cheaper and really good, thats what i have on my LCR the part number for them is 1J2988002 check them out.

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
First i had the Valeo retrofit ones. worked good but missed a section at the bottom left passenger side.
Cos of that and needing to change and that the yellow change stickers were p-ing me off I changed to these Bosch ones. They work ok. the missed section was reduced slightly but it was also still missing some but from the very start the wipers always leave a line of water after each wipe in the arcing in the middle of the screen (the edge of the drivers blade) - the valeo wipers never did this and it looks like i need to change them now again, about 4 or 5 months shorter time than the Valeo ones.

I am thinking of what to do also. the Bosch didnt work out. the valeo are expensive and i dont like the wear indicator on them. May just try cheap ebay ones for a while as a third option
Certainly wont be going back to the Bosch ones.

tomatoketchup

Yeah it's the retrofit ones you want - I've had a set on for the last 6 months, they've been ok but not perfect I guess. E.g. they could do with changing now after only 6 months and as has been mentioned you don't get a full contact on the passenger side.

I'll prob give the valeo a try next time.

On a related note - is the mkiv conversion really cheaper than £20/30? I thought I saw it at £50ish?

CupraR_Lad

Jul 9, 2007
Herefordshire
Yeah it's the retrofit ones you want - I've had a set on for the last 6 months, they've been ok but not perfect I guess. E.g. they could do with changing now after only 6 months and as has been mentioned you don't get a full contact on the passenger side.

I'll prob give the valeo a try next time.

On a related note - is the mkiv conversion really cheaper than £20/30? I thought I saw it at £50ish?

£50 does sound alot for wiperblades? :confused:

tomatoketchup

Never seen them for £50!!! i payed £27 i think for mine from my local vw dealer. there excellent a much better upgrade from the standard wipers.

Excellent - I'll give these a try then. Thanks

tomatoketchup

£50 does sound alot for wiperblades?

I thought it was new arms as well as blades - which is why it was more expensive. Only from my notoriously poor memory though so it might just be me!

Last edited by a moderator:

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
No you can get a set from vw part number 1J2988002 that fits on your standard hooped arms which is what i have and would recommend! you can go for the mk 4 arms and wipers which i think cost about £30 per arm and £10 per blade and they fit straight on the LCR but trust me the conversion kit is more than adequate.

tomatoketchup

No you can get a set from vw part number 1J2988002 that fits on your standard hooped arms which is what i have and would recommend! you can go for the mk 4 arms and wipers which i think cost about £30 per arm and £10 per blade and they fit straight on the LCR but trust me the conversion kit is more than adequate.

Ahhhhhh. I've got you (eventually!)

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
So be retrofit is better than standard.
How do they compare to the aero valeo and Bosch ones?
Any issues with not full contact at passengers side?

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
I've got the Valeo retrofit wipers and I am due for a change soon so will try the Bosch Aerotwin set. The Valeo ones are pretty good, they do tend to dump a bit of water when sweeping back down to the resting position just below the rear view mirror and they miss a triangle at the base of the windscreen on the passenger side. This triangle is right at the bottom of the screen and not in the field of view, but it annoys me. With regard to the wear indicator sticker, you can just peel them off if they are annoying you. I did this because they started to change colour even though I had barely used them, and the MOT was due a few months later.

xd-data-ii

Mar 15, 2007
San Diego
Well sorry to say the Bosch ones won't hit the bit the valeos are missing.
Hopefully you won't get the water streak on the whole window from the end of the drivers wiper. That's the most annoying thing about the Bosch ones.
Might see what the vw ones go for here.