Both rear speakers not working?

Sep 19, 2020
Hi all. I have a 2018 seat leon fr and both of my rear door speakers don't work. Obd11 says open/short circuit. Is this saying to you both rear speakers are dead. Find it odd both rear speakers don't work. I have an output of 7v from the connector so don't think it's a fuse, can't find the rear door fuse anyway. But I can't find on the head unit a fader to set volume only to come out from the rear to test which I find is weird. Has anybody had a similar issue and been resolved ??? Tia

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Hi all. I have a 2018 seat leon fr and both of my rear door speakers don't work. Obd11 says open/short circuit. Is this saying to you both rear speakers are dead. Find it odd both rear speakers don't work. I have an output of 7v from the connector so don't think it's a fuse, can't find the rear door fuse anyway. But I can't find on the head unit a fader to set volume only to come out from the rear to test which I find is weird. Has anybody had a similar issue and been resolved ??? Tia
There is a 'sound' setting menu within the car menu - where there is a fader front/back/left/right.
First I would check it's not faded to the front?

mty12345

Jun 17, 2011
bristol
i've no specific knowledge of your system, but you will often find that internally, both rear channels will be generated from the same part of the circuit board. It's possible that the wiring or one of the speakers has a short circuit, so the amplifier has to disable both channels to protect itself, rather than just the one that is shorted. Hope that makes sense. The most likely place for a short is where the wiring passes from the car into the door. The wires can rub against each other or the metal of the door.

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
I've been having issues with mine.
I have a sub fitted and the signal comes from the rear speakers, however the speakers don't work but the sub still does.
A few years ago I cleaned my car and a lot of water got in through the window seal and onto the speaker wiring, I haven't had chance to investigate this time. Might be worth a check on yours, if you take the door card off you can easily feel inside the door for any water.

Sep 19, 2020
There is a 'sound' setting menu within the car menu - where there is a fader front/back/left/right.
First I would check it's not faded to the front?
Thank-you mate. But I can't find the fader from front to rear ,only left to right??. Thanks for the advice tho

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Thank-you mate. But I can't find the fader from front to rear ,only left to right??. Thanks for the advice tho
Strange, mine has something like this with left/right/front/rear arrows which moves the circle - and the sound:

1681820560538.png

Sep 19, 2020
Thank-you, I've had a look and the only option i get is sound in genrel like key tone etc. Equaliser and balance of front left and right. But Thank-you anyway

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.