Brake pads for FSIII? Old ones wrong?

Feb 20, 2023
Was changing rotors and pads on a 6J8 2012 but found that the mounted pads was not the same as the ones I bought.
The caliper is FSIII. Rotor 256 mm. I bought Bosch 0 986 424 364 (https://www.autodoc.co.uk/bosch/1161695).
But on the car the piston side pad was not with the "large" clip but a clip very similar if not exactly as the outer pad.
20230302_181230.jpg

Elsawin says there are 3 types of pads, FSIII, FN3 and AP Racing. As you can see the caliper is FSIII and for that one there should be the pads I bought with one large clip:
20230302_165102.jpg
Namnlös.jpg

First I thought I ordered the wrong ones but I couldnt then find any set without the large clips. Looking closer the piston side seem to have some unusal wear and also the piston was worn down/corroded towards the front of the car (dont know if that standard for this brake system).
20230302_181243.jpg

20230302_182841.jpg

So can it be that the wrong pad was mounted on the piston side or is there some part number that have those pads without large clip? When I suspected something may be wrong I tried mounting the old pad back in the piston and it had horrible fit, very wobbly. Putting in the new pad with large clip the fit was good. The rotor on the inside was also very much more worn than the outside. Didnt think of the fit when I removed the pads in the first place.
The car have always been serviced by swedens largest service chain so I dont know what to think, for me it looks wrong but maybe you people can help me out. I have not gotten to the other wheel to inspect it.

Heres the pads I bought.
20230302_181318.jpg

The trunk sticker dont say anything about the type of brakes (as of what I have been able to find):
20230215_163134.jpg

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
You are correct, ie these brakes are the FS111 version, the other two options are bigger and much bigger and have different pads.

I wonder if the brakes on the other side of that car also has two identical pads - but type 1s as the side that you have shown the pictures of have two type 2s.

My daughter once had a previous version of Ibiza, always serviced by a SEAT dealership, but one front disc was the correct one, and the other front disc while being the same diameter had a different offset or "height" - I only discovered that when I replaced the front pads and the new pads fitted one side okay, but one pad was too "thick" to fit the other front brake!!! So, never assume any of these dealership workshops always know what they are doing!

I'd think that any "damage" that you are seeing on the pistons is just due to corrosion.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.