Btcc Ltd Edition Leon FR

SEATcarsdirect.co.uk

its not gonna be getting the aero kit

Its a special edition FR TDi

Irfan

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
Well I guess whether its a Special or limited edition it is what Seat seem to think the people want; first a k1 cupra and now this.

I'd hazard a guess DSG on the FR would sell better than this one, but for £400 more its not that bad a deal as long as the alloys don't look minging.

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
Green tinted windows....

Sorry the 'super cool' green tinted windows:blink:

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Agree about the wheels being much less than stunning. They look undersized despite having an 18" diameter.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Hmmm i wasn't in the market for a new motor .... wonder what SEAT would offer me for mine ......

Just thinking Z, why would it be seen as confusing - especially if SEAT are getting involved in racing diesels, surely it's more reinforcement than anything else? I think it's fair to say that amongst diesel owners, there's as much brand loyalty towards diesel engined SEATS as there is amongst the petrol owners? To not cater for those would mean a potential loss of customers, never mind the other well discussed pros of diesel ownership?

The FR TDi is actually probably the most popular model they currently make, but why just cobble together something so important.

They should do a proper sport diesel, not just hash together some parts from other models to make these special editions. I just feel it cheapens the brand.

Though they have done it the other way round this time. consider the Cupra R parts that were liberally splashed across the range of FR in 2005.

I just feel if they want to offer a performance diesel, they should make one. Don't just hash one together from the parts bin.

Nothing about these is really what you can quantify as a special edition. They are not really unique in the true sense of what a special edition should be.

Of course this is just my opinion, just the way I feel about it.

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
PD170, remapped, with Cupra wishbones, revised suspension, nicer wheels, RS4 seats, boot spoiler, skirts.

that's what they need to do.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
The wheels look the same as the std ones that came on the initial TFSI launch car. The optional FR 18" wheels look much better, as do the std. 17" ones IMHO.

Colour is yukky too. :(

Scott

mister.c.

mister.c.
Jul 5, 2004
Agree with Mork - if they are going to release a 'special' edition then they need to make it, well special.

They could easily do something that takes some of those ideas plus others that they'd know would be popular and market it at / around the same price as the Cupra.

As a potential FR customer (or above - in diesel guise) this feels a pointless addition to the range - I just wonder if someone over ordered rubbish alloys & or bucket seats and they've cobbled this together.

Last edited:

thebears

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2004
Would be nice if they put the roumoured 200bhp common rail earmarked for the TT-D in it as standard. Then you have something to shout about for a performance derv.

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
The FR TDi is actually probably the most popular model they currently make, but why just cobble together something so important.

They should do a proper sport diesel, not just hash together some parts from other models to make these special editions. I just feel it cheapens the brand.

Though they have done it the other way round this time. consider the Cupra R parts that were liberally splashed across the range of FR in 2005.

I just feel if they want to offer a performance diesel, they should make one. Don't just hash one together from the parts bin.

Nothing about these is really what you can quantify as a special edition. They are not really unique in the true sense of what a special edition should be.

Of course this is just my opinion, just the way I feel about it.

I think we actually agree - i was thinking the FR550 would be more than it appears to be - i was hoping for a full on Cupra with a diesel under the hood .... as you say, what they've brought out is essentially a mini mayfair / metro knightsbridge :( Missed out on a good opportunity to do something properly.

brainless toe

as an FR optional extra 'wheel' is £350, I'd allow £800 for the 'RS4' type seats bearing in mind the recaro cost on the Mk1 (and the RS4 option on the S3)

Maybe they'll stick the bodykit on it.... but it needs something more to stand out IMO.

I can't work out where the 550 comes from? Because I doubt it's the tank range on the PD170!

Hmmm.. do recall once doing 560miles on one tank over two days with hardish driving.. Ran out of diesel on slip road 2 miles from home:redface:

brainless toe

Cupra diesel? Would need at least 200bhp and would need to sort out the DPF first!. Just ordered Cupra K1 for this very reason. Otherwise would have loved the sound of a Cupra D.

Moving way from Seat for a second, heard theres to be a Honda Civic Type D (180bhp)on the way. So carn't see any reason why it wouldn't work for Seat.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members