Buying a Cupra - alloys

TeMpTeD

Hi Guys,

I've finally taken the plunge and have decided its time I joined the bandwagon!

My decrepit old 1.4 306 I have put up with long enough, now its time to buy my first performance car.

I'm going to see a 2001 X reg on Friday, the price and mileage seem good, £6,250 and it has 32k on the clock - what do you reckon price wise?.

My only gripe is that the alloys are a bit suspect. The Ibiza alloys aren't that insipring anyway, so even if I found a bog standard example I would probably want to change them anyway. If the price is good then I can buy ones that I want I guess.

I just wondered what you would recommend I go for. Both size and style wise. I thought about staying with 16's but dropping the profile a little. Style wise I'm not too sure what suits it - hence my asking. I'm going to take a look in the pics section now to see what you guys run - but any further ideas would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Andrew

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Price wise that sounds pretty good. What's it like, colour, FSH? FSSH? any mods etc...?

Wheel wise, i sold my standard cupra wheels on eBay for 275 quid, so you can make some money ready for the wheel change. I was like you, hated the wheels at first now i'm leaning towards them again now for a stealth look.

Most people get 17s as theres a bit more choice at that size.

flashbsd

being a fan of the std cupra wheels, don't go for anything thats goign to look out of place, if you can go OZ sleggra route, they are the only ones i would buy :)

TeMpTeD

The car has FSH and is in red. I know that isn't the colour of choice but I quite like it, albeit behind Blue and Black in my colour priorities list.

Mods wise it has the alloys and a back box and thats it - well thats all the guy told me about. Speaking of mods, can you tell me how I would check that it hasn't been chipped?

The wheels that are on it are 17's, its just I didn't want to mess up the handling or speedo (although this should be cured by loweing the profile right?). I could probably put up with the ones that are on it for a time, but they aren't to my taste really.

Andrew

hornet boy

Nov 4, 2005
Cambs
TeMpTeD said:
I know that isn't the colour of choice but I quite like it, albeit behind Blue and Black in my colour priorities list.

If it isn't exactly what your after, why not wait a bit until you find the perfect one?

It's a big expense, so it make sense to wait a little bit until the right one comes along.

x_lisa_x

hornet boy said:
If it isn't exactly what your after, why not wait a bit until you find the perfect one?

It's a big expense, so it make sense to wait a little bit until the right one comes along.

agreed, wait a couple of weeks till you find what ur really after.

TeMpTeD

Thanks guys.

Looks like I will have to wait now as it's been sold!! There is nothing else around at the moment that is in my price range either, so looks like I will have to shell out to get my current car serviced, MOT's etc.

Andrew

TeMpTeD

Hi Mate,

Had a look at the for sale section. Sounds good but I need a trade deal so I can offload my old Pug!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.