buying a mk3 ibiza cupra.... things to look out for???

Loz Greenwell

Hi, new to the site and I am going to look at my first ibiza cupra 20v turbo. Has all the manditory modifications and remap, supposidly running 210 bhp and done 90 thou miles. Obvisously I'm taking a friend with me who is a well experienced machanic, mot tester and a Vdub enthusiast but I'm just wondering from any ones experience is there any things to be careful about or common faults to look for which my cost me a lot of money further down the line..... Cheers, your help will be appreciated. :D

Loz Greenwell

Sorry about the spelling mistakes, I'm on my phone lol... Also going tonight to look at it (y)

Loz Greenwell

Cheers but like what you commented on that other thread your saying "just all the normal car 'stuff'" lol..... There must be things on the car that if they haven't been replaced they'll be an absolute furtune.. I.E I brought my golf and not long after the rear axle bush's went..... Worst job I've even had to do in my life and would of defaintly put me off buying that car... Would of cost me fortune to send it to a garage tho. Any more advice please?

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
If you or your mate have vag-com it might be worth taking that and doing a scan. Ibiza have a few things that can go but none I can think of that you could see when viewing a car. I also can't think of any very hard jobs that are common to ibizas. Sorry its not much help

Loz Greenwell

Yeh cheers mate, that's abit more help. I think my main concern will be the turbo, and how clean his oil is. Cheers.... I'll be posting pic's and what not if I collect. Quite excited lol, going after work so I can see to day is gonna be a looooooong day lol

saki

lozence one thing you need to look out for is that the car doesn't have really chavvy deep dish rims... If it does, bail quick! ;)

Loz Greenwell

I hope your not talking about them awesome borbet wheels!! Lol.... I would say we could cruise up in your car but I'm too embarrased get in it whilst its got that great big dirty skatch down the side of it from some ones terrible parking ability lol

saki

Yeah dude plus will cost more in fuel. Going to get Tamira her new car now, red polo 1.2 big power! :p I'll be in loggs about 5 dude so will wait around snaaaafe

saki

Just to clarify, it wasn't my terrible parking, some douche drove into me I wasn't even in the car :(

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.