Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Due to the low mileage I'm doing, it broke my heart, but I got rid of my Mk2 FR+ this weekend :cry:

YpNvDGm.jpg

Luckily, in a moment of madness, I almost bought a Focus ST... but instead swapped for a MK2 speed blue Cupra R :D

JaGqk4k.jpg

Performance
Revo Stage 1 (297bhp / 325lbs)
Revo Stage 2 (320bhp / 335lbs)
Revo Stage 2+ (370bhp / 345lbs)
R-Tech Stage 2+ (382bhp / 427lbs) :D
Milltek catback exhaust (resonated)
Milltek downpipe (with sports cat)
Revo intake
Intercooler (Dynodaze)
HPFP (LOBA)
RS4 Return Valve
Helix clutch / braided clutch cable
Vibra-Technics Engine / Gearbox mounts

Handling
Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential
Vibra-Technics Dogbone mount
APR Billet Pendulum mount
SuperPro Antilift
Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers
Eibach ARB (26mm Front / 23mm Rear)
Aston Martin Calipers with 340mm J Hook discs
Pagid RS4-2 (Blue) brake pads
H&R wheel spacers (8mm front / 12mm rear)
Michelin PS4S tyres

Cosmetic
Personalised number plate
LED bulbs (DRL / Sidelight)
Cupra R mats
TripleR Front Splitter
Interior LED lights (Blue / White)

Satnav / Audio
Update satnav to V12
Alpine SWE-815 Subwoofer

Maintenance
Varta Silver E44 77AH 780CCA battery
R8 Red Coil Packs
Rev G Diverter
Rev R PCV
Forge DV Return pipe
Inlet and injector clean with metal filter baskets
Oil pick up pipe

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Cheers. I'm so excited I haven't slept for days! Counting down the hours till I finish work and can take it out again. Although... it drinks petrol! I'm currently getting 14mpg. :rofl:

Managed to do the LEDs (can't live with yellow bulbs) and Valeo wipers.

dnDpycL.jpg

Ordered splitter... and mats... getting quotes for mopping.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCUPRA19

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Very nice.

I would of waited an extra week or so and sold all the mods off the FR. Did you keep anything off it at all?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Very nice.

I would of waited an extra week or so and sold all the mods off the FR. Did you keep anything off it at all?

Cheers. Well, it makes me feel better knowing I grabbed the easy stuff (led bulbs, wipers, pedal covers) which is probably about £100. Boot liner £120. Subwoofer. But to get ARBs, springs, etc I'd have to pay a garage to remove them and put the stock ones back on. Which would have eaten into any profit. Plus, the Cupra I bought already has H&R springs which is a bonus.

On the bright side... got the digital speedo back on:

uqcuqPo.jpg

Worryingly, I filled up with Petrol last night - 200 miles to a tank! Wow... but at least I remembered its Petrol!:

HvcWttD.jpg

Last edited:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Blimey! That'd probably be 2 full tanks a week for me on that range.

Yeah, I'm a bit shocked its that low. But... I got rid of the Diesel cause of my low mileage. I reckon I do 50 miles a week for work. I could do it in 40, but usually take tried n tested detours to avoid traffic. I've got my yearly mileage down with the insurance as 5000... but reckon its more like 3-4k.

Surely you're gonna get more than that to a tank!??

I don't think so. I put 31 litres in Saturday. I did about 100 miles, had to fill up again last night.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
The LEDs look good, where did you get them from if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers... they are from HIDs-Direct. A lot of people seemed to recommend them so I went for it.

Grrrr... got myself in a right mess with car insurance... been with Adrian Flux for 2 months, hence my other thread. Need to cancel them tomorrow as DirectLine are taking over after my Stage 1 Revo Saturday. Even with the Revo and AF insane cancellation fee, DirectLine still come out cheaper. Can't wait till its all sorted though!

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi,
I'm surprised we could help out with your new vehicle. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take another look at it to see if there is anything I can do.
Regards,
Dan.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi,
I'm surprised we could help out with your new vehicle. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to take another look at it to see if there is anything I can do.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi, thanks for the offer... but I've already signed up with Directline. Honestly, I don't care what the cancellation fee is tomorrow. I'd pay anything for this to be over right now. All the details are in the AdrianFlux section of the forum in greater detail if you want to read it.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Right... taken a breath... was stressed and managed to derail my own thread :blink:

Back to exciting stuff... couldn't resist booking my Stage 1 for the weekend. Not sure how thats going to effect the car as it already has loads of power. But really enjoyed the smooth torque delivery when I had the Revo on my FR.

Also got a quote from a local body shop I use to remove some scratches, swirls and to fit my splitter for me (when it arrives).

Oh and my V788 or summat arrived ... which means if my new V5 ever arrives I can put my private plates back on... which are already made up... blue car, blue border this time:

NP5wcsI.png

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members