Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Finally got me a pair of PS4S :dance:.
2gUGSQD.jpg

Quick wash to tidy it up...
poxsRFf.jpg

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
It sounded worse that my stage 1 diesel Fr+ with a clogged dpf did.
My cupra had also the diesel sound. After I flushed the engine and renew the cam chain including all parts also the follower the ticking dieseling stopt. I had no oil consumption before of after. Only very much sludge.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
No way, I got my first ever pair of PS4S yesterday too :D The grip is unbelievable

I've been taking it easy so far, but have tickled the brakes a couple of times and nearly gone through the windscreen. So they are definitely gripping the road better. I had 3mm left on the front... swapped over the rears with 7mm, so I've still got that floaty steering feeling.

My cupra had also the diesel sound. After I flushed the engine and renew the cam chain including all parts also the follower the ticking dieseling stopt. I had no oil consumption before of after. Only very much sludge.

Next thing on my list is to get a sump clean / oil pickup pipe. They checked my chain stretch using vcds (didn't know this was possible). But the garage reckon it's currently sitting at -3 (-1 would be great, -5 Seat reckon change it, garage said they usually wait till about -7).

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
This was after the maintenance

cold start.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
This was after the maintenance

Mines got all kind of noises. I've had them all listened to and apparently all normal. I get increased engine noise cause of having the cover removed. A bit more rattle cause of the uprated engine mounts. The HPFP makes the injectors noisier at idle. The flywheel rattles because of the uprated clutch. I've also got a new rattle at idle now due to the APR pendulum mount.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
It's time to play "whats under Legojon's car today". Today we have a mystery nut, looks like it's made of brass. Found under the passenger side front of the car. As you can see, special features include a surface designed to prevent it from coming undone. Which works spectacularly well. It looks pretty new... but I can't see any nut like it anywhere else.

sNac9qO.jpg

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Looks like a but that would hold the door check strap on, or something like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
We doing a side by side comparison at the meet haha bring your box!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks like a but that would hold the door check strap on, or something like that

I'll have a look when I go out to pretend to smoke in a bit. I'm hoping it's nothing important. It's def not off something "big", I panicked and thought it might be off the vertical APR pendulum mount. The bonnet struts have that type of nut, but they are both still there.

We doing a side by side comparison at the meet haha bring your box!

Oooo yeah, I like that... "no-ones leaving till the box is empty".

PaulusB

Jun 9, 2019
That's the bold that hold the wiper arm I think.

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Looks like a anti roll bar drop link bolt
Or has it been dropped when in at the garage and not been found so left and it’s worked it’s way out ??

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
That's the bold that hold the wiper arm I think.

Looks the same, but their both still attached.

Or has it been dropped when in at the garage and not been found so left and it’s worked it’s way out ??

I really need to get the car jacked up and have a tug and see if anythings loose. I'll check the drop links while I'm under, cheers. What does confuse me, it looks almost new. Most of my bolts are more rust than metal under there. Similar to my other theory that my neighbour hates me for waking them with the pressure washer on a Sunday. So they've bought a bag of "assorted" nuts n bolts from b&q and every couple of weeks throw another one under my car.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015

Oh yeah... just looked on ECP. It is the same type. But also confusing that it looks to be brass... I thought pretty much all the nuts n bolts would be stainless steel.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So I've had a crawl around under the car. I'm now convinced my neighbour throws a random nut or bolt under my car every 5.5 weeks. Drop link nuts are rusted to :censored:.I think the only way they'd come off is with one of those cutters the firemen carry. I can't see any other nut or bolt in the engine bay thats copper coloured.

Unfortunately, I wish while I had the car up, I'd given the gearbox housing a wipe down. Just to make sure no leaks come back, it looks quite a state especially round the filler plug. What the hell is that!?!? But I just wanted to sit on the sofa and scratch. So I may jack it again tomorrow and clean everything up. However, wondering if it's just left over from when I had the Wavetrac fitted a couple of months back.

NtiXbFJ.jpg

Reactions: Yellow fr

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh... and I think the gasket seal would have been worth more money if Stevie Wonder had actually signed his work!

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
It's time to play "whats under Legojon's car today". Today we have a mystery nut, looks like it's made of brass. Found under the passenger side front of the car. As you can see, special features include a surface designed to prevent it from coming undone. Which works spectacularly well. It looks pretty new... but I can't see any nut like it anywhere else.

sNac9qO.jpg

I figured it out, it’s the single most important bolt on the whole car... without you are doomed.... doomed...

You should give me your car to be safe...