Bye FR+, hello Speed Blue MK2 Cupra R

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I figured it out, it’s the single most important bolt on the whole car... without you are doomed.... doomed...

You should give me your car to be safe...

I often wonder how many nuts/bolts drop off cars every day and we never realise. I miss the days when I didn't give a :censored: about my car, what noises it made or what dropped off it.

Deleted member 103408

Just take a leaf out of Basil car care book
bash.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
This is really ruining my time lying under the car of an evening... this soaked in oil and a smaller bit with fresh looking oil running down it. Ace! Still can't find anywhere that :censored: nut could have came from.

Xxfs8ba.jpg

indyr

May 2, 2011
Hi Legojon,

Love the thread and posts - might have to ask you about some of the performance parts on the LCR!

I had a quick request please... my original bridgestone potenza's are finally running low and I need to swap them, I will go for the Michellin PS4:

1. Could you do a side picture looking down the side of the car, say from the back looking down to the front of the car or vice versa. The reason I ask is, all I am trying to see is if the rims are protected better than the original bridgestones I have, my rims need a few kerb marks fixed as these spokes stick out!

2. The PS4's are they better in your opinion - most tyre tests rave about them and I probably will go for them, just wanted to see what an owners review of them are!

3. Finally what tyres are they, PS4's XL in 235/35/19?

It would be great to get an owners review on it and if there is a difference in comparison to the originals...

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Cheers. Feel free to ask anything... in the meantime... I've wrote up a lot of my thoughts here:
https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/seat-leon-mk2-cupra-r-2011-revo-2.446059/

1. I'll pop out in a min. But short answer, the previous Uniroyals didn't protect the rim at all. The PS4S said in the description they do and I can see what they mean, they protect the very edges of the rim. But... as the wheels are outies, it won't prevent catching a spoke on a kerb.

2. Um, well, the original Bridgestones felt like taking 4 sponges and dipping them in grease. I would give them maybe 2.5/10. I know that may sound harsh. But I hated em and took em off almost immediately. I'd rate the rainsport 3s 8/10. I love the fact they start with 8mm of tread. They perform great in the wet and £/mile they are value for money. I'd rate the PS4S 8.5/10. They feel a bit more "sticky" and I've def pushed harder round corners. If they were the same price as the RS3, I'd give em 9/10. So if you can get PS4S on sale, go for that.

3. I don't know why Michelin did this... it was so hard trying to order them. They are PS4S, not PS4. So you need to ask for PS4S's. LOL. I think they are all XL (steel reinforced) and yes they are 235/35/19.

indyr

May 2, 2011
@Legojon - thank you for the quick responses and all the information, I am so impressed by reaching out to a fellow member and getting a quick response back. 100% I am going for the PS4S x 4, time for LCR to get a new pair of boots and exactly that size/profile! They look superb on the car too and Michelin seem to be the brand of the moment, seem to be top of the tests for performance tyres.

I've ran my RE050A's since new and the car has only covered 18.5K but the ride is horrendous now they are wearing, I used to think it was just sporty ride but I think it is the tyres... other cars new and old feel so much more compliant.

The pictures were exactly what I was after and you can clearly see an extra bit on the side wall to help against rim protection. The spokes are a nightmare as they stick out too much and any high pavements it's game over!!

I just need to refurb my rims and I’ll keep them OEM, once done those new tyres will go on for sure... ready for the rest of the summer!
>> What tyre pressures (psi) are you running front and back out of interest?

I've had a look at your performance thread and the only thing I would like to install is probably an LSD... I've been toying with it for years, but in the wet the car is a handful, maybe the tyres might help first but the LSD could be a good option too. Trying to keep my LCR all standard and OEM.

Finally, the only other fix I need to get sorted which has been bugging me for years is the internal microphone for the hands free, I can't locate it and everyone that calls me can't hear me... just need to find the wiring and see if I can re-position it a bit better - do you know where it is located?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
We're a friendly bunch on here. I've found if someone can help, they do. You won't regret the PS4S and at least you won't be wondering what if. If they keep me on the corners, you'll have no problems I'm sure.

Yeah, I was trying to capture the best angle as you can 100% see it protects the rim. I've never had alloys quite like these though, I've refurbed them twice already in the 2 years I've had it. People think I'm a :censored: when I won't get close to the kerb to go past a car turning right. But I've actually caught them so much I've given up powder coating and now just get em sprayed every few months.

Hmmm, well... I'm running the recommended 41/33. I haven't messed around with the pressures and I'm not 100% convinced with my upgrades that it's still the best pressure to run. On the other hand, I've not had any great issues.

The only thing I would say... if your having the LSD (and it's my fav upgrade), if your going to have a performance clutch, it's worth having the two done together whilst the gearbox is in pieces. I didn't because I simply couldn't afford it at the time. Would have saved me £250ish. But if you crack the gearbox open, get the LSD then think... oooo, I wonder what more power would be like, you'll be kicking yourself. A Stage 1 really makes a big difference.

No idea on that one I'm afraid... people have always said I sound "distant" but they could def hear me.

Reactions: Yellow fr and Kibby

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Great work Jon so does that mean I can stop working on my car and send it to you now

Cheers. Haha, is everything done except for torqueing the spark plugs? If so, you can send it to me.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So, in today's "what's fallen off Jon's car today". Whilst cleaning the front passenger seat, I noticed it was getting stuck and not really moving that smoothly... I then moved to clean the back seat and noticed this on the floor under the passenger seat. Maybe coincidence?

7HqCIUI.jpg

Deleted member 103408

I did not think you allowed people in your car, are you turning soft in your old age.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise