Caliper Removal

CupradanM

Is it easy to remove the calipers from a leon cupra?

Thinking of painting them red on my black cupra, hammerite paint okay to use?

Thanks guys

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
caliper removal

undo 2 hex key bolts top and bottom, guide pins, undo 2 bolts onto the caliper carriers

the caliper will then push off to the outside of the disc, remove the pad pin and the pads.

easy as that mate.

hammerite is fine, make sure you clean with wire brush to remove all the crud first, careful on the brake lines not to stretch them

CupradanM

caliper removal

undo 2 hex key bolts top and bottom, guide pins, undo 2 bolts onto the caliper carriers

the caliper will then push off to the outside of the disc, remove the pad pin and the pads.

easy as that mate.

hammerite is fine, make sure you clean with wire brush to remove all the crud first, careful on the brake lines not to stretch them

Okay mate thanks will be giving this ago at the weekend :p

caliper removal

easy as that mate.

i agree with all of that (mines are brembos so i dont actually know but sounds like a man who has done this before lol!)

only addition i have is to also use proper brake cleaner spray, the stuff is magic! iv just refurbed my callipers and the spray saved lots of time and effort

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise