Calling Formentor VZ1 2.0TSi owners

johanr77

Sep 13, 2021
Have to say i wasnt expecting this after only a couple of hundred miles.

If i get north of 30mpg often i'll be happy with that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220324-190807_CUPRA CONNECT.jpg
    Screenshot_20220324-190807_CUPRA CONNECT.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: Splosho

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Have to say i wasnt expecting this after only a couple of hundred miles.

If i get north of 30mpg often i'll be happy with that

3633c95b2762c9460d6577cf9c442abb.jpg

I’m getting roughly the same currently done just under 500 miles! Went on a long run on Monday and managed to get 41.5mpg! I’ve noticed until the engine warms up the mpg isn’t great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
87dbd066ef2eddaed7b1682985efa786.jpg

Sorry the pics a bit blurry! Was pretty impressed with 41.5 after a gentle longer run on the motorway on Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johanr77

Sep 13, 2021
I would say though that sometimes when it slows you down as you approach a vehicle and someone is overtaking you it can be slow to pick up speed when you pull out to overtake. Quick melt of the throttle sorts it but it happend 3 or 4 times yesterday to me.

johanr77

Sep 13, 2021
10 days and the wheels have come off. Got my first technical issue, car is limited to 4000rpm and I've got to visit the workshop which isn't possible for two weeks since they're fully booked up.

Cupra have been asked to sort me a car for two weeks since the local dealer can't/won't

Hopefully nothing major, just a pain in the arse.

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
10 days and the wheels have come off. Got my first technical issue, car is limited to 4000rpm and I've got to visit the workshop which isn't possible for two weeks since they're fully booked up.

Cupra have been asked to sort me a car for two weeks since the local dealer can't/won't

Hopefully nothing major, just a pain in the arse.
Oh no sorry to hear! Did an error message appear at all? What happened?

johanr77

Sep 13, 2021
Error message appeared saying engine limited to 4000rpm please visit workshop. I wasn't revving anywhere near 4000 at the time or even after that but it did seem hesitant after that, no nasty noises or other warnings from the car came. Managed to get it back home as I wasn't too far from there. Parked up and shut down, turned on ignition again and the warning was gone. Phoned Cupra to tell them come get this motor and give me a loan car so they sent out the AA to check it, technician found a fault stored but not active so he took it for a drive and said the fault was still logged but not appearing on the dash. Advice was it would be ok to drive it to the dealer 7 miles away but best not to beyond that until a full diagnostic check could be done.

I reckon it's a duff sensor myself.

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
Thought I would do a little update after 3 weeks and have just hit 1000 miles on the car today! The car is an absolute dream to drive and still look forward to driving it every time!

I have had a few small niggles as mentioned on other threads such as the over sensitive voice control which I have turned off and just press the steering wheel button. I've also had a few instances when I've used the inbuilt sat nav when going past certain junctions it thinks I'm coming off even when I'm not and has read the speed limit coming off the junction. This has meant sometimes when using ACC it does start to slow down but it's quickly resolved by a quick press of the accelerator. Also my rear drivers side speaker distorts at certain frequencies, even when the volume is not even loud which is annoying and will probably take it in to get looked at some point. Have looked at alternatives myself to what I can upgrade it with, but after a few enquires no one knows the size :(. But apart from that I'm pretty impressed with the standard system after a bit of EQing.

My average MPG over 1000 miles is 35.2- that's a mix of motorway and town driving. On a steady run I can easily get over 40+ MPG. Round town I see around 30 MPG and have had as low as 22 MPG in stop start town traffic. So I'm pretty happy with the overall efficiency.

The engine itself it brilliant, more than enough power for overtaking/having a bit of fun on a twisty road, don't have any regrets for not going for the 310 instead. It also has a nice exhaust not that you can hear within the car. Also in Cupra mode there is poping and banging which is nice. Also a positive over the 310 is that there is no fake engine sound in Cupra mode which I'm more than happy with! I was 50/50 between the 245/310 when ordering initially.

Handling is really good as well, the steering is light and really responsive, the car feels planted the car sticks to the road which is great as I also have a R56 Cooper S which steering is a lot heaver when going between the two and is like a little road legal go-kart :ROFLMAO:. I had to take the run-flats of the Mini as it just tramlined and bounced all over the road and stuck some Michelin PS4s on it- which transformed the ride. Traction is pretty good, I have had a few instances when pulling out quickly at junctions the wheels spin when the road is wet. But, the VAQ Diff is brilliant and quickly sorts it out and sends the power to the right wheel. The sensation was weird at first as if you accelerate and steer into a corner it feels like the car is pulling you round the corner.

Suspension is brilliant, I mostly leave it in comfort setting and on the motorway it's very comfortable and just flows with the road and can tell the difference between the different drive modes. The seats are also extremely comfortable and I'm glad that I have the cloth/pvc rather than the leather and have worn well up to now. The car just easily eats miles!

Last edited:
Reactions: Depodon

Depodon

Jan 24, 2022
Lancashire
great write up mate… yours is probably as close as a road test article that we are likely to see for this spec! Sounds as though we both had the same mindset and reservations when buying the car instead of the 310 so I’m so glad to hear you say you’re happy with the choice!

how’s the comfort levels around town (classic British B road driving with iffy surfaces and potholes)? Is it just as happy as it is on the motorway?

was told yesterday mine has now been built so hoping to be able to get it next month!

Splosho

Aug 31, 2021
Greater Manchester
great write up mate… yours is probably as close as a road test article that we are likely to see for this spec! Sounds as though we both had the same mindset and reservations when buying the car instead of the 310 so I’m so glad to hear you say you’re happy with the choice!

how’s the comfort levels around town (classic British B road driving with iffy surfaces and potholes)? Is it just as happy as it is on the motorway?

was told yesterday mine has now been built so hoping to be able to get it next month!
Hi mate, the ride around town is really good as well- even my mum with a bad back has had no issues which is a big positive!

That's brilliant news, I was like a little kid trying to track everything until I was told it was in the UK! Looking forward to seeing you get yours and how you find the car as well, it's definitely worth the wait!

Reactions: Depodon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.