Calling other ST Owners (Paticulalry Cupra 280 ST Owners)

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hello,

I've not posted in a while and had recently planned to buy a Skoda. Long story short after delays, and being let down on a chance at a VRS 230, decided to cancel my order following a test drive in a Cupra 280 ST. All being well I collect it on Saturday :eek:)

The car (like mot of the demos I see) didn't have the sliding cover fitted in the boot, and knowing what my Dad's BMW was like I asked if there was any net that would pull up to stop luggage from the rear entering the main cabin. The Salesmen said know and that there was only a Metal Cage that could be fitted which was more for dogs.

I was slightly disappointed however I have just this second seen this video...

https://youtu.be/WVL6YxIt-Wo

...so my question is, is this something the Cupra 280 ST doesn't get? I've not seen it in the accessories brochure as an extra.

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
It's called the 'boot divider net' and its an optional extra (£155) on the FR ST but not on the Cupra ST for some reason.

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
So not something that can be 'retro fitted' then as suspect the headliner would need altering :eek:(

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The brochure says the boot divider net cannot be fitted with a sunroof which makes sense, but apart from that I cannot understand why an FR can have it, but a Cupra cannot, strange.

You can just see the top of the divider net on the video below showing how to fold down the rear seats:

http://www.seatcupra.net/wp/index.php/2014/02/23/2014-leon-st-fr-2-0-tdi-review/

Yeah it looks identical to the way the BMW's do it. If the brackets are there to link into on a Cupra it maybe worth buying the FR one, but I suspect they won't be there :(

You'd think the fastest Seat would need it most :confused:

cupraste2015

Sep 28, 2015
Hello,

I've not posted in a while and had recently planned to buy a Skoda. Long story short after delays, and being let down on a chance at a VRS 230, decided to cancel my order following a test drive in a Cupra 280 ST. All being well I collect it on Saturday :eek:)

The car (like mot of the demos I see) didn't have the sliding cover fitted in the boot, and knowing what my Dad's BMW was like I asked if there was any net that would pull up to stop luggage from the rear entering the main cabin. The Salesmen said know and that there was only a Metal Cage that could be fitted which was more for dogs.

I was slightly disappointed however I have just this second seen this video...

...so my question is, is this something the Cupra 280 ST doesn't get? I've not seen it in the accessories brochure as an extra.

Hello pal..
I`ve just got a brand new ST Cupra and it came with the load cover/slider fitted....
You can store them under the split level floor,maybe it was under ther in the demo car??
Should come with it tho...
Ste....

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hello pal..
I`ve just got a brand new ST Cupra and it came with the load cover/slider fitted....
You can store them under the split level floor,maybe it was under ther in the demo car??
Should come with it tho...
Ste....

Oh I know it comes with the load cover. A lot of dealer demos seem to have bits like that 'missing'
It wasn't under the double floor, but I am getting that bit with the car, just wasn't on it at the test drive.

However it's it the load cover I was on about, it was the net that can be raised up to protect from things leaving the boot and going into the cabin when say you have it stacked up so the load cover isn't in use.

cupraste2015

Sep 28, 2015
Oh I know it comes with the load cover. A lot of dealer demos seem to have bits like that 'missing'
It wasn't under the double floor, but I am getting that bit with the car, just wasn't on it at the test drive.

However it's it the load cover I was on about, it was the net that can be raised up to protect from things leaving the boot and going into the cabin when say you have it stacked up so the load cover isn't in use.

Looks like mine hasn't got that then....

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
We have a Seat cargo net that cost about £40 on eBay. It's pretty stretchy and can hold fairly large items. For ones that are too big I use bungee cords. I keep a few of them in the car and the four tie-down hooks in the ST boot let you strap down just about anything.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
We have a Seat cargo net that cost about £40 on eBay. It's pretty stretchy and can hold fairly large items. For ones that are too big I use bungee cords. I keep a few of them in the car and the four tie-down hooks in the ST boot let you strap down just about anything.

I'll have a butchers cheers!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise