carbon fibre

cupra_matt86

southend cruiser,not chav
May 18, 2009
Essex
hi, i have noticed alot of pictures with carbon fibre air feeds and air filter shields for leons in mags and stuff but i have never seen where i can get them myself. any help would be good thanks

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Your probabley talking about a BMC CDA, if so I would'nt bother mate, they are very expensive and can be a bit restrictive.

cupra_matt86

May 18, 2009
Essex
oh, well i just want a new air feed really and a shield or is it better to leave those bits standard?

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
The carbon coldair feeds you've seen are more than likely the pipercross VIS (velocity intake system). As above tho mate the BMC is expensive

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Why not smooth and drill you standard airbox and fit a performance pannel filter. Same sound as induction kit for pennies. I've had a K&N and a BMC CDA on mine altho they sounded good, I think the smoothed airbox option sounds much better. Dam you D.K you must type like superman but with sausage fingers:cartman:

cupra_matt86

May 18, 2009
Essex
that actually looks the part.... only problem is that i have thrown mine away in place of K&N typhoon kit, and i pulled the air feed out and put a piece of bendy pipe i found at work and attached a piece of ally at each end but want something thats a bit smarter than my bodge, it seemed a good idea at the time though. :think:

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I'd say you can have my spare standard box that I started smoothing but the maf size is 10mm bigger than your's

cupra_matt86

May 18, 2009
Essex
the thing is that i dont really wanna buy another air filter as spent like £200 on the K&N i just wanna make sure its getting enough air. it would be so much easier if you could swap the battery and its massive case with the air filter so it was closer to the bumper. but i rekon that would be a royal pain in the arse. oh have you guys had trouble with coil pack no.4?

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Oh yes mate had it go pop on me then 2 days later the other 3 went. If you're going to change them I'd suggest doing them all in 1 hit. Where in Essex you from:confused:

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
No problems with mine :D
Be carefull with the K&N, they have been known to kill MAF's due to them being coated in oil.

cupra_matt86

May 18, 2009
Essex
MAF's? im near Maldon. my air filter has been fine. no4 coil pack has gone twice since last june. i have bought spares now just in case. where is AMDessex?

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
MAF is the big plastic tube which the airfilter fits onto. It measures the air entering the engine. Which K&N did you buy:confused:

cupra_matt86

May 18, 2009
Essex
Typhoon, but i didnt put the pipe on that puts it to the underside because i was worried about water being sucked up.

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
I don't think that much water will get in unless you drive through fords in the road. It's been designed to fit in the lower part of the bumper so must been water tight to some extent. Next time you're in or near lakeside mate pop into AMD (round the back of B&Q & IKEA) and speak to them really helpfull friendly people if you're still getting the no4 coil pack going.

cupra_matt86

May 18, 2009
Essex
yeah the guy who fitted it said he didn't think that i should risk it and he tunes his own cars and was a friend of a friend i basildon. you may know the guy, nitro solutions hes changed his name now but cant remember whhat he changed it to

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Doesn't ring any bells mate, but then I've done all the work myself on my old cars. This is the 1st 1 I've entrusted with a company. If you're worried about water in the filter just pat some small mesh in front of it to act as an extra deffence

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.