Carbonio CAI / Forge DV - Installed! (56K Beware!)

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
Doesnt make my Cupra any more responsive although I have noted a decrease in power since the standard air feed and panel filter has been back in the car.

Why did you remove the Carbonio (CAI) ...??? You just tested it or for replacing it with another more efficient CAI like V-flow, p-flow, Dbilas, etc...??? The problem with these latter more open/wide inductions is that they may foul the air flow meter :doh:, particularly at low rpms, while they admittedly give more noticeable power gains at the mid-upper rev band ...:):D Has anybody noticed any problems or faults on vag-com with these more free flow induction systems...??? It seems to me that the Dbilas CAI has a smaller diameter than the others; V-flow and P-flow ...???

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Whats wrong with dump valve mod? Does it make the car sound good or just like its sneezing?

Is this an expensive mod if I got someone to install it?

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
Why did you remove the Carbonio (CAI) ...??? You just tested it or for replacing it with another more efficient CAI like V-flow, p-flow, Dbilas, etc...??? The problem with these latter more open/wide inductions is that they may foul the air flow meter :doh:, particularly at low rpms, while they admittedly give more noticeable power gains at the mid-upper rev band ...:):D Has anybody noticed any problems or faults on vag-com with these more free flow induction systems...??? It seems to me that the Dbilas CAI has a smaller diameter than the others; V-flow and P-flow ...???

The main difference between the Dbilas and the other two is simple: the Dbilas has only 1 bend in the pipe, and the filter is in an enclosed alloy box, not in a plastic half enclosure in the engine bay, also the filter is smaller in surface area, meaning that less filter oil gets blasted on to the MAF sensor, and as the Dbilas mounts onto the original intake location, it gets fresh cold air, unlike the other 2...

Chris_Cupra

Apr 17, 2007
Athens, Greece
The main difference between the Dbilas and the other two is simple: the Dbilas has only 1 bend in the pipe, and the filter is in an enclosed alloy box, not in a plastic half enclosure in the engine bay, also the filter is smaller in surface area, meaning that less filter oil gets blasted on to the MAF sensor, and as the Dbilas mounts onto the original intake location, it gets fresh cold air, unlike the other 2...

Thanks !!!:) Do you get any errors in vag-com after installing the Dbilas CAI ???

Saul

<b>SCN Admin</b>
May 21, 2001
i would hang off on the fuel pump upgrades, there is the cam issue (although i think thats on the older ~200hp 2.0tfsi engines)

however the cam followers are wearing on the pump upgrades in the USA, its only a matter of time till someone brings out a harder follower, so i would hold off

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Forge vacumn valve (not to be confused wiht the remote spacer as seen in the pics above) - Total pain in the *** to install that. Get your axel stands at the ready and leave yourself a few hours. Oh yeah, grab the fitting guide from Forge's website and make sure you carry a full set of Torx bits, bolts and have a torque wrench handy... It is however, a really important upgrade to do on a re-maped car. Add the spacer to this and hear the DV sing :happy:

Just my 2p's worth...

Forge vacuum valve - where does that fit? I've got their DV, but not the spacer, but wasn't aware you there were any more DV related add ons. What benefit does the vacuum valve offer, and is this an add on, or does it replace a VAG part?

Picture would be appreciated if you have one.

Igor23

Growing old disgracefully
Dec 7, 2006
Loughborough
i would hang off on the fuel pump upgrades, there is the cam issue (although i think thats on the older ~200hp 2.0tfsi engines)

however the cam followers are wearing on the pump upgrades in the USA, its only a matter of time till someone brings out a harder follower, so i would hold off

Yeah, I read about this on VW Vortex, a huge thread on this problem, it's not the follower tho', it seems to be a dodgy batch of one-piece camshafts wearing out, causing the follower to sieze, or maybe I've misread the thread, but I'm holding off due to lack of cash atm...

RCS2K4

Aug 28, 2007
Milton Keynes
www.xrct.co.uk
Forge vacuum valve - where does that fit? I've got their DV, but not the spacer, but wasn't aware you there were any more DV related add ons. What benefit does the vacuum valve offer, and is this an add on, or does it replace a VAG part?

Picture would be appreciated if you have one.
I'm refering to this part:
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/store/product.php?xProd=7995&xSec=360

It's job is to release the boost pressure via vacumme rather than being told when to release the pressure electrinically via the ECU. In English then?

It flushes out the turbo boost pressure in a nano-seccons, and removes almost all turbo lag. Sound's pretty sweet as when coupled with the spacer - Think rally car...

It's bolted to the backside of the turbo itself, and is a direct replacement for the stock part. It's handy for re-maped Cupra's etc as it can also tollerate higher boost pressures and heat. Trust me when I say that it is a real pain in the *** to get to.

I'll happily grab a photo tomorrow of the thing installed, but you can't see it from lifitng the bonnet, you have to go under the car...

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
I'm refering to this part:
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/store/product.php?xProd=7995&xSec=360

It's bolted to the backside of the turbo itself, and is a direct replacement for the stock part. It's handy for re-maped Cupra's etc as it can also tollerate higher boost pressures and heat. Trust me when I say that it is a real pain in the *** to get to.

I'll happily grab a photo tomorrow of the thing installed, but you can't see it from lifitng the bonnet, you have to go under the car...

mines fitted like this(zboyds car) which you can see from the top so where is yours fitted
http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=18521
http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=18509

Last edited:

iSot

Jan 30, 2008
Finland

Good cam is seperated to two different pieces and bad one construct is one piece... Bad cam could be ok, but that is just the dilemma :) It could or not .... Dealer can change these cams to better ones and newer version.... If you are worried about that, just buy gauge, which show the values of petrol/air mix..... Some models have also warning lights and sounds :p If cam fail "hpfp fail" and that Gauge show the results immediately...

The cam issues could be showed only probably with those 200hp TFSI engines and "ours" revision 2 have those "better" ones... Thats why tuners are usually pointed their products for 06+ models...

I ordered APR hpfp, full tbe, apr ic and APR stage 2 program.... Lets see what happened and how fast... :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.