Carlinkit 5.0 2air (Android Auto) - Before I chuck it out of the window......

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Hi all,

My Samsung S23 Ultra works perfect when connected wired to my Leon 2016 with Android Auto. I fancied converting it to wireless so I didn't have to fanny about plugging my phone in, putting it in the cradle, etc. I had a look about and chose the Carlinkit 5.0 2air as it is CarPlay and Android Auto.

When I plug the 2air in, my S23 Ultra sees it in the Bluetooth list. I paired the two together and my phone shows notifications of 'Android Auto - Connected to your car' and 'Android Auto - Continue on your car screen'. These then disappear and the Bluetooth connection drops, then 10 seconds later it comes back and shows the same notifications. The connection then re-establishes, but 10 seconds later it drops again, etc. This keeps happening in a loop and is unuseable.

Has anyone got a Carlinkit 5.0 2air and has it running properly in their Leon?

Thanks,

Steve

Mar 26, 2024
Cardiff, S.Wales
For wireless Android Auto, the Motorola MA1 has been flawless for over a year with my Alpine Halo in my T5.

Once my Leon is ready for pick up, that will be amongst the first flurry of purchases for it.

Mar 3, 2024
I guess its AA does not support version of AA/Android OS on your phone.
Check if there is an upate of AA on Carlink.
I guess it can connect to your phone mobile hotspot so you can update AA.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
It does the same connect/discoonect loop even when the 2air is plugged into a mobile charger or laptop, so I'll rule out the car for now. Going to charge up a Samsung A12 and see what that does. I've not tried it in the car, but my son's iPhone 13 connected fine when it was on a mobile charger.

I've checked the firmware on the 2air and it says it's uptodate. I've put a support call into Carlinkit, so fingers crossed, they may have an answer.

Just to be clear, the Samsung S23 Ultra works perfectly with AA when wired in the car.

SuperV8

May 30, 2019
Is your MIBII upto date with the latest firmware?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
After all that fannying about, it was the USB cable! The one that came with it was rubbish. Works perfect now. Been for two 30 min drives and no dropouts, nothing. Have to test it tomorrow with CarPlay, but not expecting any issues.

I got the Carlinkit 5.0 2air from AliExpress for £31.30 and it only took 5.5 days to arrive from China. On Amazon they're £65 at the cheapest, and would still probably come from China!

Thanks for all the replies and advice, much appreciated!

Reactions: SuperV8 and Walone
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members