Carpet Removal

Jan 3, 2022
Hey guys,

I had a serious water leak in my rear door seals, I left my country for 2 weeks and when I came back, the backside of the car was partially flooded.
I fixed the issue by resealing doors but now im left with a really soaked carpet. Is there anyway I can lift the back of my carpet without removing it entirely?

The car is a Seat Leon mk1.

Thanks and a happy new year!

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
No real need - buy a pack of nappies, lay them down and put something heavy on top. You'd be amazed the amount of water they can suck up.

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
If nappies don't work, just lift the base of the rear seats like when you're putting the back seats down, and you'll see where the carpet meets the bare metal. When my rear footwells were flooded, I just pulled the carpet back and shoved some towels under.

It won't be bone dry, so I bought moisture traps from the pound shop and put them in the car. The windscreen will have less condensation on these cold mornings - that's the real killer when you have a leaky car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
its the carpet underlay that keeps it soggy. I cut mine out both sides to avoid taking the interior out completely. They go back in neatly too.

soon as those are out the actual carpet is wafer thin and dries easily enough. If you dont remove the underlay it will stink and stay wet