CD Error not Working, Result!!

mitchathome

Just been to dealers to complain about the error mesages I keep getting on the cd/mp3 part of the stereo ( 4 times now). Sure enough each time I aim to turn up with the error message the darn thing starts working again!!
This time however it has been two days since it it has worked and there is a CD stuck inside. I turn up at the dealer and tell him my tale of woe expecting to have to give a blow by blow account of how the problem manifested itself, but to my surprise they didn't even look at the car but just asked when I could bring it in for a replacement to be fitted.
Seems they must be getting a lot of problems with these units and have decided to replace them as customers report the fault. Anyone else experienced this????????????

DandB

My other car
Jul 20, 2007
London
yeah actually this just happened to me...i have the disc stuck inside and cd error message!

Deev

May 28, 2006
Croydon, South London
I've only ever had the CD error a couple of times and a power cycle clears it, but I do find the damn thing skips all the time. Even on brand new unmarked CDs (originals too - not just CDRs!) they sometimes jitter and skip. Either the error correction is lousy or I've got a mucky laser...

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
I've had the error 4 or 5 times and swicthing the igniton off usually clears it.

At first I thought it was just MP3 CDs but it happens with new original CDs as well.

Not had any issues with skipping though.

Ni Cupra

Inferi black cupra
May 23, 2007
happens in mine quite regular, but not too bothered as my alpine screen will be going in soon.

peteopc

My dads leon goes in on thursday for a new stereo after he video'd the error message on his phone and showed the dealer as the stereo is always OK when he took the car to the dealers. Seat say that the problem has never happened before, if you beleive that then you beleive anything!

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
:banghead2

Seems that SEAT are denying that there seems to be a common problem. What a suprise...

I took mine back as the first time it happened I had just come out of the dealers and was half a mile down the road when it happend.

Unfortunately by time I'd switched the engine off to go in and tell them, it had cleared itself...

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
If the car is off for some time, the cd player resets itselft. According to my dealer. Btw only had to complain twice that the cd error occurs on trips longer than 2,5 hours.

CoMMy

Jun 25, 2007
I had same problem. To fix its really simple. My old car had same thing. Basically the errors start when u switch off car while cd is playing. That damages the cd and unit. I always set unit to FM mode prior to switching it off and its been 4 months since all normal with same cd inside since then!!!!!!

Btw make sure u burn a new cd coz the old wont work if u damaged it already:p

Hope this helps u!

Maximus2000uk

My Leon has a similar problem. Songs skip and stall and the other morning a cd got stuck in the system. The cd was brand new and an original but once I turned off the ignition the cd popped out and problem solved.

It sounds however, like this wont be the last I hear of this issue...no pun intended!

mitchathome

Seems that a few are having problems then. My problem still exists even though I have been in and out of the car numerous times I still get the same error messages and the CD refuses to eject. I agree the stereo is not brilliant in fact it's pretty pants but it would be nice if all the functions at least worked!! Roll on Fri when the dealer will exchange it for a new one ( well that's what he said ).

DandB

My other car
Jul 20, 2007
London
Yeah cd still stuck in mine and it won't load or eject or anything....Says cd error or cd drive defective (something like that)! Radio it is for now then, better get it fixed before a long journey though!

Maximus2000uk

CD Defect Error is what mine shows up...very irritating and my dealer today declared he had never heard of the issue.

I advised him that there were many people on this site alone, that have experienced the same problem and he swiftly changed his mind and accepted there is a big problem!

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
might get my dealer to look next time its in .... just to add to the huge seat bucket of head units that needing replacing. :cartman:

asheng

Hi, First post here.

My CD player packed up last weekend and just came up with CD driver Defect and kept my CD.

Quick trip to the dealer to explain my FR TFSI that I bought in Jan had a CD problem, 5 mins later they came out and said it needs replacing and can I bring it in next week. No hasstle, no problems and thankyou very much.

So far so good, although I must say I've met people who have had problems with other Seats and I was expecting the worst to be honest, so it was quite a pleasant surprise.

Just getting into this forum and have learn't quite a bit about my car thats not available in the book, which is really interesting and thanks for all the info guys.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.