cd player dead

Dan8145

Hi, sorry for starting a new thread but I couldn't find any info to help.
Last week I took my stereo out because the subwoofer wasn't working and I wanted to check the cables were attached correctly. Then I put the head unit back in and since that point the stereo won't even turn on. I have checked everything I can think of. The wiring to the stereo through the connectors, the fuse, I reset the head unit. Then I thought maybe its the head unit itself which is dead, so today I bought a new head unit... but guess what, nothing. Am I forgetting something simple? What could be the problem? I'm a bit of a novice so any help would really be appreciated.

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
Did you check all the fuses in the fuse box? Get a multimeter in there and check for +12v and earth too, if nothing else run a direct feed from the battery with an inline fuse.:)

Dan8145

Yes I did, and in the end it was really simple. At first I was told the fuse for the stereo is on the back of the head unit itself, and there is a fuse there, so take that out and try replacing it. (apparently even if the fuse looks ok and not broken, it still might be). That didnt work for me, so then I went through the fuse box one at a time and eventually I found one near the bottom that wasnt marked as being responsible for anything, but as soon as I changed it, the stereo worked again.

So hopefully your problem is as simple as mine was.

Let me know how you get on!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.