Central & remote locking issues plus electric mirror issues

Aug 19, 2020
Hi folks, I have a 1.9tdi Altea 2007 that I recently bought second hand. The car has a few problems that I'm trying to solve. First one, the key (when inserted into the lock) only unlocks the drivers door but locks all doors and the boot, I need to turn the ignition on to unlock the doors and boot by pressing the unlock button on the centre console. Second, the fob does nothing when any of the three buttons are pressed, possible recode at Seat, have tried the instructions in the manual but no difference (the lights on the fob light up, recent battery installed). Third, the electric mirrors do not work at all when using the small joystick (cant find fuse to check). Fourth, I've had to remove the alarm fuse as the Alarm will go off after 30 seconds if the ignition is not turned on when the car is opened......HELP......any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks...

Glenn

Aug 19, 2020
Hi folks, I have a 1.9tdi Altea 2007 that I recently bought second hand. The car has a few problems that I'm trying to solve. First one, the key (when inserted into the lock) only unlocks the drivers door but locks all doors and the boot, I need to turn the ignition on to unlock the doors and boot by pressing the unlock button on the centre console. Second, the fob does nothing when any of the three buttons are pressed, possible recode at Seat, have tried the instructions in the manual but no difference (the lights on the fob light up, recent battery installed). Third, the electric mirrors do not work at all when using the small joystick (cant find fuse to check). Fourth, I've had to remove the alarm fuse as the Alarm will go off after 30 seconds if the ignition is not turned on when the car is opened......HELP......any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks...

Glenn
Update...I bought an OBD diagnostic tool from Amazon which allowed me to adjust the settings of the door opening/locking issue...when I use the key to unlock the drivers door, ALL doors and the boot now unlock...yeeehaa...I bought a Carista bluetooth device for £25 from Amazon