Ceramic coating done

perelaar

Jan 18, 2019
Sugartown Belgium
I have no experience at all with coating. Are there any benefits, apart from the car looking a lot nicer, for the ceramic coating? Does it protect the lacquer against stone chips etc?

Tell

Staff member
What I would say is the Vag metallic coatings these days are incredibly soft. There was a day when the coating was like an egg shell on metallic cars. My old Altea had a pretty hard finish, the Ateca is much more soft. The lacquer isn't resistant to much hard treatment so you have to be very careful in how you remove bird muck, catching it etc. Pass on how much protection these treatment give it. After a couple of years of abusive treatment in the south by yobs in street parking, supermarkets etc and moving I arranged for it to have a make over by a repair paint shop that the dealer recommended but isn't to "Seat" standard, so blew the warranty I guess. Half price on their repairs which were not an inconsiderable distance away. So it looks as good as new now :). I hope all the new Tarracos fair better in the South of England than mine did - reckon new models get picked on as trophies. Obviously after a respray you'd have to get the coating put back on. Reckon it won't protect from vandalism. Need a rottweiler tethered for that.

Reactions: Tony Tonic
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.