Change operation of DSG in manual

Jovin

Feb 18, 2007
Andover
Does anyone else find that changing gear in manual mode with the gearstick is just the wrong way round? I guess most people would use the paddles when in manual but Ive found sometimes when on fast corners my hands arent always in the right position on the steering wheel to operate the paddles and it's easier to nudge the stick. The way it operates however seems the wrong way round. I instinctively want to pull back for change up and push forward for down and it's nearly caught me out a few times. Is there any way this could be changed?

nuvolablue

May 1, 2017
Does anyone else find that changing gear in manual mode with the gearstick is just the wrong way round? I guess most people would use the paddles when in manual but Ive found sometimes when on fast corners my hands arent always in the right position on the steering wheel to operate the paddles and it's easier to nudge the stick. The way it operates however seems the wrong way round. I instinctively want to pull back for change up and push forward for down and it's nearly caught me out a few times. Is there any way this could be changed?
You could change your driving style.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CupraGeezer

May 11, 2018
The stick does operate the wrong way round I agree. Probably one of the reasons why I never use it.

I'd also prefer the paddles to be mounted on the column rather than the wheel.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’ve just got my first DSG car - a VW Polo GTI+. Agree that using the gear selector in manual mode is counter intuitive - tried it once and once only and found I much prefer using the flappy paddles.

T4Z

Sep 2, 2020
Coming from an auto Clio RS the lever was the correct way around. Push to go down, pull to go up. This seems the most natural to me just like a sequential gearbox - perhaps its having a motorsport background.

A friend of mine drives an auto BRZ and is the same action as in the Seat - told me its a quick switch around of a wire or two to flip, the operation.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise