Hybrid questions

dazmisiak

Mar 11, 2024
Hi all,

Just got my new hybrid Cupra Leon today , very impressed so far but do I really have to go into battery manager to select hybrid each time I start up to prevent it going into e mode automatically ..or is there a setting hidden somewhere ?

I've migrated over from a Golf 7.5 GTE , when I went over to manual DSG in that it automatically switch back to automatic DSG , the Cupra seems to stay in the last mode selected which I think I'll get used to but just wondered if there was a way to change this in the settings somewhere too?

Last edited:
Reactions: serdar_18fr

Chrispy

Oct 6, 2018
It is supposed to default to electric only to encourage "zero emission" use. There's no way to change this in the car. Might possibly be a way via VCDS or similar but unlikely as it kinda defeats the point of a PHEV.

You can add a "tile" to the home screen so it is just one tap to switch it.

Long press on one of the tiles, choose the right function (e manager maybe) and then swipe it up or down to get the e-mode/hybrid switch.

dazmisiak

Mar 11, 2024
It is supposed to default to electric only to encourage "zero emission" use. There's no way to change this in the car. Might possibly be a way via VCDS or similar but unlikely as it kinda defeats the point of a PHEV.

You can add a "tile" to the home screen so it is just one tap to switch it.

Long press on one of the tiles, choose the right function (e manager maybe) and then swipe it up or down to get the e-mode/hybrid switch.
It's a shame you can't select e mode via the steering wheel mounted driving mode button really.
I've done the home screen tile as suggested , thank you

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.